Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Float Rail Length M4

Feedback Score

Free Float Rail Length M4

Want to purchase a free float rail for my LE6920 (16" barrel) but I can't figure out what length to get.

Does anyone have photos of 7", 10", 12" and 15" so I can compare and decide which looks best for me? No sites ever show it to you on the weapon to visualize.

Also, I want to purchase a silencer so that means 15" rails are out correct? I am thinking it won't fit.

Thanks in advance from a noob.

Feedback Score
    No pics but a 15" rail will go to the muzzle device. A 12" rail will just cover the gas block on a mid-length. And a 10" will just cover the gas block on an carbine length

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The 6920 has a FSP, so unless you are cutting it down or replacing it with a low profile gas block you will need a carbine length rail or one with a cutout such as Centurion C4 or Troy. If you dont have to worry about the FSB i prefer a 13'' rail on a 16'' barrel. Just personal preference. Just google for pics of various lengths, tons of stuff out there

Feedback Score
    Do you want to keep the fixed front sight?
    Do you want to keep the existing barrel nut and not have to disassemble your rifle?

Personally, i think 12-14” handguards are ideal, but thats preference.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    midwest industries 12" (actual length is 12.625) on a 16". this belongs to a good friend of mine. i got to use it shooting off some unconventional rifle rests; rock pile, hay bail, empty 55 gallon drum on it's side. for my build i am getting a hand guard that goes all the way to the muzzle. i found myself taking too much time making sure the bare barrel wasn't resting on anything, whereas if i had a full length, i could just get the rifle supported and go.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfa4iUHh...-by=solscud007

Feedback Score
    I'm a big fan of the Troy Delta rail if you want a FF rail on a carbine with FSB. It is durable, easy to install, lightweight, and slim. Plus it is not overly expensive.

Feedback Score
    Centurion C4 FSB, it comes in 2 different configurations, one is cut just past the FSB. The other extends well past the FSB and its 12'. I own one, I have nothing but good things to say. It works around the FSB, doesn't require you to change the barrel nut, and is built for a carbine gas system.

Feedback Score
    If you have a low profile gas block, I personally prefer the 13"-ish rails over the 15" rails.

Feedback Score
    Hey Corey, Your buddy has a sweet looking LEAD Slinger!

Quote Originally Posted by corey4 View Post
    midwest industries 12" (actual length is 12.625) on a 16". this belongs to a good friend of mine. i got to use it shooting off some unconventional rifle rests; rock pile, hay bail, empty 55 gallon drum on it's side. for my build i am getting a hand guard that goes all the way to the muzzle. i found myself taking too much time making sure the bare barrel wasn't resting on anything, whereas if i had a full length, i could just get the rifle supported and go.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfa4iUHh...-by=solscud007

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Do you want to keep the fixed front sight?
    Do you want to keep the existing barrel nut and not have to disassemble your rifle?

Personally, i think 12-14” handguards are ideal, but thats preference.
    I would prefer to remove the front sight but not change anything (ie gas system). So what's ideal?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast