Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dang It...Why Do Uppers Grow into Complete Rifles ??? !!!!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by medicman816 View Post
    As cheap as lowers are right now it just makes sense... at least thats what i tell myself.
    Pretty much this^^^ Parts are so cheap right now you might as well do it.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Have you compared post counts?
    Yes. That’s how I know the answer. I am speaking from experience.

Would you prefer I be like everyone else on this forum and just talk about shit I read somewhere else?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Yes. That’s how I know the answer. I am speaking from experience.

Would you prefer I be like everyone else on this forum and just talk about shit I read somewhere else?
    I was unaware there was any other point to this forum.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I got a really Nice Noveske rail, @ a GREAT price I couldn't pass up, many years ago.

It turned into a rifle.
    I once had a BCM charging handle sprout an upper AND a lower. This disease is a wonderful thing

Feedback Score
    Because you spend more time on the internet than you do on the Range.
    Guilty as charged. When there's nothing to do at the ranch I rationalize that keystrokes are cheaper than bullets.

I have an excuse right now: we're entering the windy season so I may not see a range until May or June.

Feedback Score
    I knew when I started this thread that it was "light-hearted fluff", i.e., a thread to have fun with and not take too seriously.

For those that don't like this type of thread, all I can do is reiterate the classic caveat "You don't have to click on it."

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

My dealer is ordering a BCM lower with their Gunfighter buttstock Model 0.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Don’t be daft. There are significant differences in the following M4C-representative conversations.

Derper 1: “Hey, I read on x forum that this optic is good. Thoughts?”
    Derper 2: “Yeah, I read on Instagram that it’s a good optic.”
    Derper 3: “That’s expensive though. I got a Burris CrossTek for $96 on sale at my local gun shop. It’s just as good as...”

User 1: “I was shooting a match/event and noticed my <25y times were on point but I struggled when distances got beyond 300 because my red dot does not have a way to accurately account for drop that far out.”
    User 2: “I had that same issue. I switched to the Nightforce 1-4x and it allowed me to have holdovers and get rounds on target quickly both up close and farther out.”
    User 3: “Great info guys. Thanks.”

M4C used to be the latter. Now it’s the former. Sad.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Don’t be daft. There are significant differences in the following M4C-representative conversations.

Derper 1: “Hey, I read on x forum that this optic is good. Thoughts?”
    Derper 2: “Yeah, I read on Instagram that it’s a good optic.”
    Derper 3: “That’s expensive though. I got a Burris CrossTek for $96 on sale at my local gun shop. It’s just as good as...”

User 1: “I was shooting a match/event and noticed my <25y times were on point but I struggled when distances got beyond 300 because my red dot does not have a way to accurately account for drop that far out.”
    User 2: “I had that same issue. I switched to the Nightforce 1-4x and it allowed me to have holdovers and get rounds on target quickly both up close and farther out.”
    User 3: “Great info guys. Thanks.”

M4C used to be the latter. Now it’s the former. Sad.
    Not that I am not guilty of your rhetoric, I am.

But there are many of us, like myself, who spend time posting and perusing while still providing some sort of assistance based on the experience we have.

I won't argue that we've been finding it harder and harder to have discussion in that manner as the communities grow. We will always have the cheap-skates, the high spenders, and those that fall in the middle. In all of those groups, they get divided into: Shoots some, shoots a metric shit ton, or doesn't shoot shit at all.

I am happy to be on a property that allows me out to 50 yards with a rifle and handgun. I can step out on my porch and target practice. I aim for 200 rounds of .223/5.56 and 200 rounds of 9mm weekly.

In the long run, it's not horribly expensive weekly, and it grants me the comfort of knowing I am up on the shooting I am capable of doing while allotting time for improvement. We already know only 3% or less of all gun owners take any type of classes beyond basic gun safety and CCW courses, so most do not take the time to familiarize ourselves to the extent of 10,000+ rounds a year. That is why many people rely on the rhetoric. Remember, some of the rhetoric here has originated from very experienced people, such as yourself.

You know your shit, truly. I know I have said it before, and I will say it again, I would give up a lot to have the setups you do. To have the capacity, lands, time, and monies to be involved in the hobby you are, as you are. I am envious, but also proud that people do go through these efforts and invest so much of their being. A lot of respect.

I just don't know what's up with all the frustration lately, brother?

We know Derps will be here, and I know you take the community seriously, to the extent of asking for a ban to grant a forced hiatus for personal mental health and to get shite done. I know this community has failed to uphold the standards it once had that you, and many others, remember. But, most of the users here are still learning. Including myself. A little grace goes a long way.

Nonetheless man, stepping off my proverbial box here, I truly hope all is well in your world; I've garnered a lot of respect for a lot of folks on here due to their knowledge, but I also know we have no insight (beyond what is shared) into the real worlds of our members.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 02-22-18 at 15:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a dedicated CMMG 22LR upper that I got tired of switching to my DDM4V5 lower when I wanted to have cheap fun. Got tired of switching it out because it took time (not significant - just lazy) to put in the Redi-Mag mag adapter that lets you use the M&P 15-22 mags which are better and allows the BHO feature and then have to take it back out when switching back. Bought a pistol lower with the Shockwave brace for it so I can just leave the adapter in and will allow me to put in a 4.5" barrel in it in the future with a can with no stamp. Win - win.

I also had a range malf on my SD-E trigger that I think was due to the dirty 22 ammo. The trigger would not completely reset after firing. It would hang on an unseen ledge where the trigger catch and the hammer make contact when it resets. So you could pull the trigger and nothing happened but if you bump the lower with your hand it would fall into position and fully reset. Really weird. I took it apart and cleaned and greased the required points and it works like a charm again. I'ts still in the back of my mind though wondering if the trigger has a small machining defect that will come back to haunt me.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 02-22-18 at 11:31. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    EDIT: Double Post; How the heck did it double tap that far apart? Same post and quote too..
    Last edited by HeruMew; 02-22-18 at 11:05.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast