Thread: Workout review

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Workout review

I started a new workout regimen a few weeks ago and want to see if anyone can spot anything wrong with it.

I am doing IF and lifting six days a week, the first workout of the day is towards the end of the 17 hour fast. Day 1 and 4 are legs for about an hour followed by about an hour of shoulders about 6 hours later. Day 2 and 5 is chest followed by back, and day 3 and 6 are arms and cardio. I have been neglecting my abs but am going to start hitting them every day starting today.

I consume 7 grams of BCAAs with 3 grams of glutamine during each workout and post workout I do 48 grams of protein and 5 grams of creatine. I eat as healthy as I can being deployed.

the first week I didn't do arms separately, combined them with back and chest, and lifted a total of 64,463 pounds that week, week two it went up to 96,553 pounds, and last week it was 212,631 pounds ( some of the weights and machines are in kilos so I convert it to pounds). All exercises are 4 sets, 6 reps minimum, slowly working up number of reps and increase weight when I get to 8 reps on all 4 sets. For squat I'm starting at 155, then work my way up to 185, did 7 of each except 185, did 5 today. Deadlift is 7 reps at 215 for all 4 sets. Bench is same as squat, only topping out at 3 to 4 reps at 185, doesn't help that I don't have a spotter. 5 total exercises for legs, 5 for shoulder, 4 for back, 5 for chest, 6 for arms

My plan is to continue this plan for this week, take the following week off and then start the process over again. I'm coming up on 35, weight was 183 at the beginning of the month, unsure what it is now, and am 5' 10" with a jacked up back, left hand, and right ankle.
    Last edited by rero360; 02-23-18 at 15:29.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    You need to look at stronglift 5x5. Are you trying to tone or build?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
    You need to look at stronglift 5x5. Are you trying to tone or build?
    Right now I'm trying to build mass and strength, I'm thinking towards the end of the deployment (June/July) I'll switch to toning so I can get that nice cut look for the wife when I get home.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    If you want size and strength I'd focus on the big compound lifts (squat, DL, bench, dips, pullups....). I wouldn't focus too much on isolation stuff.

Eat, eat, eat , and eat some more. Lots of protein.

You can lift the same and "tone". It's all diet.

Take some time off lifting and don't put yourself in the ground. Rest time is just as important and lifting.

I've been doing IF for 8 years now.