Thread: Custom 1911's and their prices

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Custom 1911's and their prices

Let me share my thoughts from the past then you take it from there.

You need to spend $1,000 to get a decent 1911, duty quality. I kinda think the MC Operator is the starting point. If you have a bit a cabbage, the TRP is worth the money and many folks would say that is the starting point for, count your life on it quality gun. I just bought a SS TRP with 200 rounds down the pipe for $999, but they sell upwards of $1,500. Great gun, I love my TRP.

Then you bump up to the low end of the Custom category with guns in the $2,300 to $2,600 range. Truly awesome gun made with great quality parts and hand built. Well it appears this class of guns has gone from $2,300 -$2,600 to $3,300 - $3,600. It seems like in the last 10 years, the standard Wilson and NHC, have gone up =$1,000. The Talon, GRP , CQB lines.

You can find Ed Browns and Dan Wesson stuff in low $2's. And they are nice too, even though I think Browns CS is sad, they make a decent gun.

My real question after my rant is what do you get when you go from $3,K class of gun to $5,000 class of gun. And there are plenty of $4,500 and up guns. In my opinion you start to get diminishing returns after the TRP but justifiable quality bump for the legally insane, but what about these Tactical Supergrades, Agent 2 or VIP and so on?

Somebody speak to this class of guns please.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 02-23-18 at 15:19.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"