Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom 1911's and their prices

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    My opinion is that you don't get anything functionality wise from going to the $3500+ range. A basic CQB, GRP, Springfield Custom Carry are all rock solid workhorse pistols.
    Those pistols you listed are among the finest personal weapons ever made.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    My opinion is that you don't get anything functionality wise from going to the $3500+ range. A basic CQB, GRP, Springfield Custom Carry are all rock solid workhorse pistols.
    In my opinion, Guncrafter Industries' basic No Name Government belongs on that list. It's listed at $2,700, which in my opinion is more for less vs comparable 1911s. I have a SA Professional, Colt SC Government, and a custom job by Alchemy; and the GI is the one I go to every time. I have to remind myself to shoot the other 1911s.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    A lot of guys have said many good things about GI. When they launched I thought, are you kidding me your trying to fight for space in the crowded 1911 high end market. I suspected a near death experience for all involved. They appear to have not only survived but somewhat thrived.

Its good for all.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Anyone here have a Jardine Custom?
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mace, your Jardines are among my favorites that I've seen online.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    The Nighthawk Classic is the nicest semi custom I’ve owned for the money.
    Business End Customs is a shop that is doing phenomenal work, as is Bunker Arms.
    Chambers Custom Pistols is the pinnacle for me.....stunning work.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    Don’t count out Les Baer, I own two along with Wilson’s and Springfield, and even I can’t explain why my favorite of all is one of my LB Custom Carry’s. It’s been shot enough to go from super tight to smooth and silky tight, never failed to go through its full range of function and is a grade A tack driver. Something about their 30 LPI checkering I’m also quite fond of.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've done the full custom route and don't think I'd ever do it again. The value just isn't there for me anymore.

I'm ok with tweaks and big mods, but I make the distinction between this and sending it to a full builder. I like my warranties and CS on a gun that gets run hard, and unless I'm not shooting it, it's hard to appreciate the details found on the 1 man shop guns. I still kept all mine though.

I think Wilson Combat, Baer, Dan Wesson, Colt, Springfield Armory CS fill all my needs and most likely a lot of other folks. Note that Baer is fantastic if you have big hands!

These days I find myself favoring my CQB and modded Colts the most (by well known shops). I think I am coming full circle to just appreciating the simplicity in 1911s.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beschatten View Post
    I've done the full custom route and don't think I'd ever do it again. The value just isn't there for me anymore.

I'm ok with tweaks and big mods, but I make the distinction between this and sending it to a full builder. I like my warranties and CS on a gun that gets run hard, and unless I'm not shooting it, it's hard to appreciate the details found on the 1 man shop guns. I still kept all mine though.

I think Wilson Combat, Baer, Dan Wesson, Colt, Springfield Armory CS fill all my needs and most likely a lot of other folks. Note that Baer is fantastic if you have big hands!

These days I find myself favoring my CQB and modded Colts the most (by well known shops). I think I am coming full circle to just appreciating the simplicity in 1911s.
    We men run this gambit with all sorts of things especially mechanical. Whether it be cars, guns, watches -shiny and dangerous really eats our asses up. I did the whole Breitling watches, Omegas ...., now I carry an iPhone. I traded all my high end watches for my Brides wedding ring. But Im holding on to my 1911's for dear life.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I think that’s a healthy attitude.
    Your priorities are in order sir.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast