I just recently purchased my first custom 1911. I purchased a WC X-TAC Professional 4" in 9mm. It is their base model. I did some trading and picked up a WC Vickers Elite in 9mm and a Vickers Elite Black Edition in 45acp.

The X-TAC is all steel but should ride good in a DeSantis 002 Speed Scabbard I have coming. It functions just as nice as the Vickers Elite does, just none of the extras. I do prefer the medium length trigger on the Vickers over the long pad of the X-Tac. Still not sure if I like the Sunburst grips. The Vickers fill my hand without voids. Grip panels are an easy change. Not sold on the gold bead front sight either.
OH YES, I am a BIG Fan of front serrations. The X-TAC does not have them, but being 9mm the slide is easy to clamp the slide out front and press check or rack it.
Nothing I can't work through with the X-TAC. It should be quieter, No BELLS AND WHISTLES making so much noise.

So much ammo to shoot, so little time for a retired person, now the chief cook and bottle washer. Honey DOos.