Thread: Anyone have experience with Bartlein "T-style" or gain twist barrels in .308?

Feedback Score

Anyone have experience with Bartlein "T-style" or gain twist barrels in .308?

I'm about to begin a build on a M40A1 USMC sniper rifle clone. I want the gun to appear as authentic as possible, so I'm looking for a 6-digit Rem 700SA receiver and other original parts. But, for the barrel, I have options. As long as the caliber and contour are correct, no one knows what company made it or the type of rifling, etc. So, Jim Land, father of the Marine Corps sniper program, suggested I give the Bartlein's a try.

The question is, does anyone here have any experience with what .308 loads work best in their T-style twist, or gain twist, barrels in a 24-inch length?

I really appreciate any input you may have!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's a bit of information here:https://forum.snipershide.com/thread.../#post-6922186

Sounds like the manufacturing technology is improving, looking forward to more of them getting to market so we can get more feedback on gain rates and performance.
    Last edited by sjoliat; 02-27-18 at 18:39.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Honestly, that is the next gen of barrel tech. They're at the very top of the barrel industry right now. I would call them and consult with them on your specs and expectations and go with what they recommend.

They'll know more along with Frank Galli than internet posters.