Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Vltor A5 Buffer/Spring Kit Never In Stock

Feedback Score

Why is Vltor A5 Buffer/Spring Kit Never In Stock

Im having a heck of a time finding one of Vltor A5 buffer and spring kits in stock anywhere. The kit isn't even listed on the Vltor website anymore. Anyone know if they are discontinuing them or what's going on?

Feedback Score
    There is a complete kit with the Vltor stock on their website. Also a pistol kit. You may need to buy the parts separately (A5 tubes are listed).

Another option is the A5 kit from BCM

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Why is Vltor A5 Buffer/Spring Kit Never In Stock

They supply we demand. Great set up. Midway has the rifle set up for sale. If you want the pistol extension it’s a lil tougher to find. I got mine from Optics Planet a few months ago.

Midway Vltor
    Last edited by RedDawn; 02-24-18 at 01:32.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    You can buy the BCM version at Bravo Company’s website.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...ediate-shk.htm

I’m not seeing the option now, but what I normally do is buy the spring and buffer either from DSG Arms, Rainier or BCM and then pick up the RE tube from Magpul. Magpul’s SR25/M110 RE tube is the same length as the A5, but with 10 positions. I just prefer it over the BCM tube and usually over Vltor’s tube. It’s a very well made tube.
    FYI - Joe Bob’s has the same BCM the difference is that Joe Bob’s offers a mil/veteran/ First Responder discount. It’s not a lot but it’s nice gesture and puts the kit at $94.52. Initially I was leery of Joe Bob’s but they have fulfilled several orders for me perfectly. I buy all my EDT2 triggers from them. Best price around, their shipping if free is pretty quick and if you have to ship USPS Priority, it’s still a really decent price.
    Did I miss something about Pistol RE tube in your post?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The BCM KIT is a waste of money because they come with an A5HO buffer which is the lightest of all. Typically most setups will not really benefit from that buffer weight. Hence, the A5H2 is considered the standard buffer weight.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    The BCM KIT is a waste of money because they come with an A5HO buffer which is the lightest of all. Typically most setups will not really benefit from that buffer weight. Hence, the A5H2 is considered the standard buffer weight.
    I agree with this. Cheaper to part it out. Get the tube, buffer, and sprinco spring separately.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    I wouldn't say it is a waste of money. It's what BCM knows will work reliably 100% of the time. That is how you stay in business. I bought the Vltor kit that shipped with the A5H2 and changed out the tungsten weights for aluminum spacers making it a H0. I couldn't tell the difference behind a 16" ELW upper and left it that way.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The A5H2 buffer is unmarked and weighs about 5.3 oz. BCM might be calling the unmarked buffer an A5H0.

Now that I think of it, I don't know how any of the A5 buffers are marked.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 02-24-18 at 08:59.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The standard buffer that comes with the A5 kit is unmarked. The H3 and H4 are marked H3 and H4.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is a really dumb question and I'm embarrassed to ask. But... What is the benefit of the VLTOR A5 system?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast