Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Join the NRA NOW (if not already a member)

Feedback Score

Join the NRA NOW (if not already a member)

I know there are other threads kinda like this, but I think the current political and social climate warrants a new thread...

So bottom line, if you own firearms, you need to be a member of the NRA. I understand there are lots of reasons why you might not want to, but the reality is the NRA is our strongest advocate. They are FAR from perfect, but they are the best and strongest leverage we have, and we need to keep it that way and grow it as much as we can.

There are lots of places online to join...this is one that saves you $5...

https://membership.nra.org/hickok45/join

I have 4 family members I pay dues for. I renew every time Bass Pro or Cabelas has an NRA weekend deal where they offer a $25 gift card for a $35 paid membership. But there are other places.

If you never send them anything more than annual dues, that's fine. But in my opinion, we should all, as responsible gun owners, do this as a minimum. Basically the cost of a couple boxes of 9MM...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    So I can get sold out, berated with emails and called 3x a week begging for money? Nah. I'll pass.

Maybe if they hadn't openly endorsed a ban on bump stocks, but that ship has sailed.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    So I can get sold out, berated with emails and called 3x a week begging for money? Nah. I'll pass.

Maybe if they hadn't openly endorsed a ban on bump stocks, but that ship has sailed.
    This about covers it. The NRA can pound sand.

Gun Owners of America seems to have their s**t together, at least in comparison to the NRA.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    This about covers it. The NRA can pound sand.

Gun Owners of America seems to have their s**t together, at least in comparison to the NRA.

AS a GOA member, I couldn't agree more. BUT... if you don't join one, join the other. ESPECIALLY right now.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post

^The truth. With that said, don't stand idly by and do nothing. Join something and get involved.
    Last edited by Jewell; 02-24-18 at 13:22.

Feedback Score
    You are looking for a 5 Million Member organization to be perfect? Just like a presidential candidate, it ain't gonna happen.

So folks that don't like the NRA...fine...but are you a member of the GOA? Are you a member of your state 2A organization? Or are you just using the NRA's shortcomings as an excuse to sit on the sidelines? I won't argue that Gun Owners of America is a better choice, and I'm a member of both. But until they get to be as strong as the NRA, I believe we need both and others.

Again, I agree the NRA has issues...but as long as I'm hearing the liberals screaming how much they hate them, it's still an organization worth supporting.

I never get calls from the NRA since telling them to halt calling. As far as the junk mail, I've told them I simply throw everything they send me other than the magazines in the trash, so they can waste their $$ on postage it they choose...and the mailings slowed down a lot.

I do not support banning bump fire stocks any more than I support having to pay a $200 tax or set up a trust to own a short barrel rifle or a suppressor. I think both are nonsense. But like it or not, the current strongest proponent of, and 90% solution for your OVERALL 2A rights is still the NRA. And every major firearms instructor I know like LAV, Pat Mac, Pannone, K Lamb, et al, will all tell you the same thing...you should join if for no other reason than to be counted...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    AS a GOA member, I couldn't agree more. BUT... if you don't join one, join the other. ESPECIALLY right now.

This is the point I really want to make! Thanks!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    There are some things the NRA hasn't done right, this is true.

Thanks to the things they have done right, well, everything. If not for the NRA we'd have all been degunned and / or put in jail a long, long time ago. We would living in Australia Junior. We would be guaranteed easy pickins for criminals and you damn betcha the scheming politicians' anti-American agendas would be way ahead of where they are now. We would all be "right where they want us", or at least in another generation or half generation, we would be. Road cleared, everyone turn left. Or else.

If you are not contributing to at least one or the other, you are helping the other side. I hardly pay attention to the GOA although I contribute there as well.

NRA is known for sending too much mail and calling, although I sure as hell never got three calls in a week. Wouldn't care too much if I did as those calls come from people trying to help us help ourselves to do something to preserve our rights, rights that are under coordinated attacks constantly, daily, from several directions. When I DO get a call from the NRA, I always thank the person calling for their time and efforts-- I don't care if they're getting paid (and I don't know that they are)-- I thank them and tell them I know they get a lot of rude treatments because they are, after all, telemarketing and no one likes that-- but I tell them I appreciate what they're doing, and I sure do.

When we have the media, and politicians that were elected to protect our rights, and even the appointed topmost law enforcement officials colluding, even breaking the law, to take our rights away, I am thankful to have the NRA standing up to them for us, even if they don't get it 100% right every time.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I'm a member of both. I agree with others that the NRA pisses me off to no end sometimes, but Wayne Lapierre's speech earlier this week at CPAC helped restore a bit of my faith in them. I'll renew when my membership is up next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    There are some things the NRA hasn't done right, this is true.

Thanks to the things they have done right, well, everything. If not for the NRA we'd have all been degunned and / or put in jail a long, long time ago. We would living in Australia Junior. We would be guaranteed easy pickins for criminals and you damn betcha the scheming politicians' anti-American agendas would be way ahead of where they are now. We would all be "right where they want us", or at least in another generation or half generation, we would be. Road cleared, everyone turn left. Or else.

If you are not contributing to at least one or the other, you are helping the other side. I hardly pay attention to the GOA although I contribute there as well.

NRA is known for sending too much mail and calling, although I sure as hell never got three calls in a week. Wouldn't care too much if I did as those calls come from people trying to help us help ourselves to do something to preserve our rights, rights that are under coordinated attacks constantly, daily, from several directions. When I DO get a call from the NRA, I always thank the person calling for their time and efforts-- I don't care if they're getting paid (and I don't know that they are)-- I thank them and tell them I know they get a lot of rude treatments because they are, after all, telemarketing and no one likes that-- but I tell them I appreciate what they're doing, and I sure do.

When we have the media, and politicians that were elected to protect our rights, and even the appointed topmost law enforcement officials colluding, even breaking the law, to take our rights away, I am thankful to have the NRA standing up to them for us, even if they don't get it 100% right every time.
    Pretty much my sentiments .Very well said, sir.

I would add, NRA used to, and likely still does, offer payment plans for life memberships. A life membership will be less costly, in the long run, than paying 1yr at a time.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast