Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-2 brightness issue?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

T-2 brightness issue?

I'm really starting to wonder if the T-2 on my HD gun has an electrical issue. I was playing with it tonight and noticed how dim it was, so much so that I couldn't even see the dot in normal indoor light unless it was on 7 (and that was barely). Seeing as how that's the third non-NVG setting I started to wonder about this sight, again. I feel like I have to replace this battery every six months, if not sooner. I just replaced it in November I think, I'm trying to find the thread where I posted about it on here. In the meantime, what settings do you guys keep your T-2s on? Right now, I have it on 10, which is the lowest I'd be comfortable with when activating the WML (M300C). I don't see how so many people can make it a full year before replacing their batteries, much less two or more.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I generally run my T1 & T2 on setting #9.

I remember you having issues with your T2. Send it in, they will either fix it or send you a news one. Typically if its a wonky issue the latter. They do it all in VA so turn around time is generally quicker than other companies *cough* *trig* *cough.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I generally run my T1 & T2 on setting #9.

I remember you having issues with your T2. Send it in, they will either fix it or send you a news one. Typically if its a wonky issue the latter. They do it all in VA so turn around time is generally quicker than other companies *cough* *trig* *cough.
    To be fair to Aimpoint, I’ve complained that I think I’ve had issues but I’ve never documented them to really for sure. I should kept track of how often I’ve had to replace this battery after the first time it died sooner than I expected. That’s why I’m trying to get feedback from others, before I send it to them for no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Aimpoint Rep told me that if you are constantly turning on/off that most of the battery power is drained on start up and shut down... Said it is best to store with dot on on a low setting... I usually store my T2 in lowest visible settings.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by krm375 View Post
    Aimpoint Rep told me that if you are constantly turning on/off that most of the battery power is drained on start up and shut down... Said it is best to store with dot on on a low setting... I usually store my T2 in lowest visible settings.
    I almost never turn it off, but that’s good to know. I store it on the lowest setting that won’t get washed out by the WML (which isn’t very low).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by krm375 View Post
    Sounds similar to SureFire’s runtime vs tactical runtime. I keep my two Micros around setting 6 or 7 constantly (lowest easily visible in daylight, plenty bright in darkness). One has been on for about four years now

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    In the meantime, what settings do you guys keep your T-2s on? Right now, I have it on 10, which is the lowest I'd be comfortable with when activating the WML (M300C). I don't see how so many people can make it a full year before replacing their batteries, much less two or more.
    I keep mine on 9 or 10 (Its an H2 and T1). I also replace the battery once a year, regardless if its still working properly. Sounds like Aimpoint should look it over for you. I've never had one run out of battery in less than a year. An H1 I bought in 2015 just had the battery go in January, so it took about 2 1/2 years for it to die. This one gets turned off a lot though, as it rides on rifle in the safe. T1 has been on continuously, except for battery changes since 2014.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interested in this topic.... I just replace yearly so I've never encountered an issue but good to know

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    When you send it in, you could buy yourself a Sig T1-T2 knock off, to keep the gun up and running if needed. Can be had for under $150 and they are impressive for the dollar. I am an Aimpoint fanboy so don't get me wrong, but this particular Sig impressed me for a back up.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    When you send it in, you could buy yourself a Sig T1-T2 knock off, to keep the gun up and running if needed. Can be had for under $150 and they are impressive for the dollar. I am an Aimpoint fanboy so don't get me wrong, but this particular Sig impressed me for a back up.

PB
    Some of the SWAT guys I’ve shot with are big Sig fans and had nothing but good stuff to say about the optics they’ve used. I do have a preference towards Vortex though and am interested in their new Crossfire. I haven’t even contacted them yet, I don’t know what I’m waiting on.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast