Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally finished my first build

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Finally finished my first build

I’ve been working on this gun for over 2 years now with everything in the world getting in the way of actually finishing it. My parts selection changed alot over that period of time but the goals for this rifle have always been simple, lightweight, and reliable while only using high quality parts.

Upper:
    -Rainier Arms Stripped Upper w/o Forward Assist
    -16” BCM ELW Barrel
    -BCM BCG
    -15” M-LOK Centurion Arms CMR Rail
    -AimPoint T1 (2 MOA)
    -American Defense QD Mount
    -BCM Charging Handle
    -Magpul MBUS Pro Sights
    -Ballistic Advantage Gas Block and Tube
    -A2 Flash Hider

Lower:
    -Mega Arms Striped Lower
    -Daniel Defense LPK
    -Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
    -BADCASS Short Throw Safety
    -Magpul K2 Grip
    -Magpul 7 Pos. Buffer Tube
    -Magpul CTR Stock
    -Springco Blue Spring

The only thing I plan on adding is a RailScales Karve-P but for now I’m done with it.
    ADDA1262-8CFA-427D-A56E-C3E17EF43161.jpg
    Last edited by bowman57_2; 02-25-18 at 00:58.

Feedback Score
    Solid parts list for sure! Now hopefully your can get out and shoot it

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Thanks, I got to take it out and put 90 rounds through it just to make sure everything was functioning correctly and it shot great.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    First thing we need to do is teach you how to post pics of your build so I don't have to re-position the Hubble Space Telescope to see that you posted a real AR. You have no idea what a PITA it is to do that.

You have some nice parts there and congrats for your first build. What led you to go without the FA? Just curious...

There are a few different ways to post pics. The easiest and most reliable one I've found is postimage.org. Throw up your pics and and paste the link using the add image icon (3rd icon from the left) and you're in business with a nice quality pic.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Is the add image icon on the postimages page or on the M4C page?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowman57_2 View Post
    Is the add image icon on the postimages page or on the M4C page?
    1. Upload image to postimage.org
    2. Click “Share”
    3. Click icon to the far right on the “Direct Link” line.. This will copy the image url to your “clipboard”. Phone, tablet, or laptop.
    4. Click the image icon in your M4C post
    5. Click the URL tab, paste your copied link into the field, finally deselect the checkbox. Hope the pics help. I’m doing this in my phone so bear with me.

Then click OK and you should be GTG. Word of caution. I’d you have a lot of browser windows open and have written a long post. Copy and paste the entire post frequently into a Notepad or Word doc. My experience shows in that scenario, when you click the post image icon, it will lock up on you. Better safe than sorry.

Let me know if you need some help with postimage.org. Once you use it a few times it is literally a piece of cake.

Again sorry for the crappy screenshots and graphics.

RTT
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Ok I’ve got it figured out now thanks. But to answer your question, I went without the FA mainly to save a little weight but also because I have never used it before and have never been trained to use it for as long as I’ve been in the army so I saw no need for it.

Feedback Score
    nice choice of parts, congrats on your new addiction

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    FlipFlop.jpg

Nice build! Fixed your pic.
    Last edited by 556BlackRifle; 03-17-18 at 00:13.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice build, the K grips are great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast