Thread: Magnifiers 3Xc versus Eotech G33?

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)

Magnifiers 3Xc versus Eotech G33?

Any opinions on which is better, worse, or is it a push?
    Aimpoint 3Xc versus Eotech G33.

Before it’s said, this is for a duty rifle and the admin will not allow variable powered scopes
    But they will allow fixed power like an ACOG. ( yea I know, herp derp)
    Last edited by cop1211; 02-25-18 at 07:51.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I prefer my sight picture of the 3xc behind my t2 but prefer my g33 behind my eotech. The eotech doesn't work as well for me behind my t2s. The g33 just doesn't mesh with my astigmatism as well with t2 as the 3xc does.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I have both the 3x-c and G33, and to my eyes they both give me a crisp round dot with a micro T2. The 3x-c may just be *slightly* better, but it's a tough call for me. I also suffer from astigmatism.

The 3x-c is nice because it allows use of Aimpoint's flip/twist mount. I have several bases so I can move it between guns in seconds. The G33 also has the great STS mount with the Elite Defense QD system, which works well. It's just not as quick and easy as the Aimpoint twist base.

The G33 has longer eye relief, which I have found nice if you intend to run a rear folding sight. With the 3x-c I prefer to leave the rear sight off, so I can move the magnifier further back. Otherwise I have to run the stock almost all the way collapsed. Those of you with giraffe necks are probably fine. Aimpoint's 3xmag-1 has eye relief similar to the G33, so doesn't have this issue.

One big difference between the two is the 3x-c has a prism arrangement like an ACOG. This gives it similar characteristics, where the shadowing you see if you're too close or near the optic causes the image to shift a little left or right. It doesn't cause any issues, but I find it slightly annoying. The G33 is like a normal scope, and doesn't suffer from this.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    @Slippers, so it sounds like the G33 functionally behind the red dot works a little better?