Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FN M4A1 upper.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

FN M4A1 upper.

Does anybody have this upper? I just recently bought one. And thought I might let everyone know, if they didn’t already, as I think it’s a pretty smoking deal. $300/shipped from Brownells, that’s like, PSA upper cheap price range, for what I believe to be a quality manufacturing company. Also considering that a Colt upper, with the M4A1 barrel profile, would be considerably more expensive, even the BCM SOCOM upper is around $100-$150 more expensive. Could this also be clone correct, if I were to chop it down to 10.3? I know FN makes 14.5 for the military, but were their uppers ever cut down, like the Colts? Anyway, I’m just bored on this lazy Sunday. Hopefully, somebody may be able to take advantage of this, or I’ll be the example that helps others to steer clear, win win in my book.

EDIT: Here’s the link.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/upper-receivers/m4a1-socom-upper-receiver-assembly-5-56x45mm-nato-16--prod107891.aspx
    Last edited by Jmedic_; 02-25-18 at 16:18. Reason: Link for more information/purchasing.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmedic_ View Post
    Does anybody have this upper? I just recently bought one. And thought I might let everyone know, if they didn’t already, as I think it’s a pretty smoking deal. $300/shipped from Brownells, that’s like, PSA upper cheap price range, for what I believe to be a quality manufacturing company. Also considering that a Colt upper, with the M4A1 barrel profile, would be considerably more expensive, even the BCM SOCOM upper is around $100-$150 more expensive. Could this also be clone correct, if I were to chop it down to 10.3? I know FN makes 14.5 for the military, but were their uppers ever cut down, like the Colts? Anyway, I’m just bored on this lazy Sunday. Hopefully, somebody may be able to take advantage of this, or I’ll be the example that helps others to steer clear, win win in my book.
    Link us to that deal. The only thing I see close is a RR upper with button rifled FN barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Link us to that deal. The only thing I see close is a RR upper with button rifled FN barrel.
    Hah, sorry man! Should’ve included that in the OP. Here you go.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod107891.aspx

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well, you are getting a generic upper and an FN barrel. Period. Stop.

The generic upper is worth $75, or if you try to sell, you can get $40, so at $349, that makes your FN barrel assembly costing you $309. That is not such a deal for an FN barrel. The upper does not look to be "F" marked, and there is no BCG or CH. Now, an FN upper receiver is very, very nice, but I don't think that is what you are getting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot2000 View Post
    Well, you are getting a generic upper and an FN barrel. Period. Stop.

The generic upper is worth $75, or if you try to sell, you can get $40, so at $349, that makes your FN barrel assembly costing you $309. That is not such a deal for an FN barrel. The upper does not look to be "F" marked, and there is no BCG or CH. Now, an FN upper receiver is very, very nice, but I don't think that is what you are getting.
    Really? I was told this was an “F” marked upper. Also, where are you finding “F” marked uppers for $40? Please point me in their direction. Lowest price I’ve seen for a stripped “F” marked upper was anywhere from $90-$135, and that’s when they’re in stock. Which I haven’t seen them in stock for a very long time.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Something fishy here a FN M4A1 barrel should be CHF MG steel right? According to the write up:

"Made from 4150 steel, the 16" barrel has a chrome lined bore and chamber for excellent corrosion resistance and long barrel life. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, the M4A1 SOCOM Upper Receiver Assembly barrel sports the classic M4 profile with front M203 cutout to give it that traditional military appearance.

Button broached with 1-7" twist

Rock River Arms Forged Upper Receiver"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Something fishy here a FN M4A1 barrel should be CHF MG steel right? According to the write up:

"Made from 4150 steel, the 16" barrel has a chrome lined bore and chamber for excellent corrosion resistance and long barrel life. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, the M4A1 SOCOM Upper Receiver Assembly barrel sports the classic M4 profile with front M203 cutout to give it that traditional military appearance.

Button broached with 1-7" twist

Rock River Arms Forged Upper Receiver"
    Woah woah woah. I DID not see that. Thank you for pointing that out. I’ll be calling brownells tomorrow and canceling the order, if it’s a RR upper.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Really? Also, where are you finding “F” marked uppers for $40? Please point me in their direction.
    Re-read my post. I said nothing about finding FN uppers for $40

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot2000 View Post
    Re-read my post. I said nothing about finding FN uppers for $40
    Ah, yes. I see now. My apologies. I guess my ADD is kicking extra hard today.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Hah, sorry man! Should’ve included that in the OP. Here you go.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod107891.aspx
    Junk RR upper with a button rifled FN barrel. It never has been and never will be a FN M4 upper!!! Where is the value?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast