Thread: 9MM XM Flash Hider

Feedback Score

9MM XM Flash Hider

Trying to choose flash hider for 9mm build, not SBR, planning on having it pinned and welded. See lots of similar offerings but don't know anyone personally who has one, just looking for recommendations. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I don't remember where I got one but the ( a XM177 models) one I got a few years back would have plenty clearance for a 9mm rnd. it's basic a steel threaded pipe with a shoulder to stop threading to far on. It would extend it about 4 to 4.5 in.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You could email Brownells to make sure this is 9mm compatible - it might be open all the way from the muzzle, or there might be a shoulder right in front of the muzzle. I'm thinking it should be open all the way.
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod82717.aspx

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies it looks like 5.5 inch length hider with barrel trimmed to 10.5 is the formula. See some with wrench flats, some without, guess it varies by manufacturer. I have seen several threads that mentioned the one sold by Tony's Custom Uppers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1776kurt View Post
    Thanks for the replies it looks like 5.5 inch length hider with barrel trimmed to 10.5 is the formula. See some with wrench flats, some without, guess it varies by manufacturer. I have seen several threads that mentioned the one sold by Tony's Custom Uppers.
    That will give you a 15.5" Barrel. Threads are .6" typically.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    For my XM build, the barrel was cut down to 12.4" and the XM flash hider was 4.5" for a total length of about 16.1". Err on the side of caution.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info looking forward to getting everything together for this build.