Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: G19X w/ Shooting Results

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    Great review! Would you elaborate on what the 1911 extractor test is please...NC
    I expected someone to ask about it, so I did it preemptively. In my experience, performance on the test has no correlation to reliability of the Glock.

Understanding the 1911 Extractor Test
    by Tim Lau
    http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=131
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Agree the 1911 extractor text has no application what so ever to a Glock. Having fired a single
    Round without a mag in place a number of times I can say almost invariably the empty drops through the mag well and this in no way indicates a problem

Feedback Score
    86 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAVDOC View Post
    Agree the 1911 extractor text has no application what so ever to a Glock. Having fired a single
    Round without a mag in place a number of times I can say almost invariably the empty drops through the mag well and this in no way indicates a problem
    Right you are. The last time I went through the Glock armorer course the instructor said the magazine was a part of the extraction process and aided in extraction. I know I have problems with ejecting brass when using a Magpul versus when I use a factory Glock magazine. I don't think Magpul is manufactured to the same standard, thus poor ejection. Just a theory...
    9/11/01
    Never forget, Never forgive

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post
    Right you are. The last time I went through the Glock armorer course the instructor said the magazine was a part of the extraction process and aided in extraction. I know I have problems with ejecting brass when using a Magpul versus when I use a factory Glock magazine. I don't think Magpul is manufactured to the same standard, thus poor ejection. Just a theory...
    I had similar extraction issues with the PMAGS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Great review. I appreciate the comparison to a Glock 17 slide/Glock 19 grip combination, because some have said that would be preferable.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    wait is the 19X available on the blue label program? if so I may have to get one

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Greene View Post
    wait is the 19X available on the blue label program? if so I may have to get one
    Yes. Still more than other gen5s, but not quite commercial pricing.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    One of the most significant benefits of this particular configuration for a professional user is the duty-sized magazine capacity on a shorter slide, which allows the weapon on a duty rig to not dig quite so hard or so deep on common vehicle seats while rigged up. Any 17/22/21/34/35 or other full-to-competition sized weapons, especially when set up with a light and/or mounted on a mid or low ride UBL, will dig muzzle first into the seat, pressing a rig up into your body, often altering your hip/back alignment. Such misalignment will, over hours and days and months, cause serious problems. Further, such a relationship can misalign the weapon, making drawing while seated slightly more challenging than need be. For me, carrying a 19/23 sized weapon has always been easier in a vehicle, and I often did so with extensions already in place, making the mags 15+2s, or the nominal size of the 19X.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 02-27-18 at 13:50.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    One of the most significant benefits of this particular configuration for a professional user is the duty-sized magazine capacity on a shorter slide, which allows the weapon on a duty rig to not dig quite so hard or so deep on common vehicle seats while rigged up. Any 17/22/21/34/35 or other full-to-competition sized weapons, especially when set up with a light and/or mounted on a mid or low ride UBL, will dig muzzle first into the seat, pressing a rig up into your body, often altering your hip/back alignment. Such misalignment will, over hours and days and months, cause serious problems. Further, such a relationship can misalign the weapon, making drawing while seated slightly more challenging than need be. For me, carrying a 19/23 sized weapon has always been easier in a vehicle, and I often did so with extensions already in place, making the mags 15+2s, or the nominal size of the 19X.
    I handled one at a gun show recently and these are my thoughts exactly. I found the grip frame very comfortable overall.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I think the 19X shoots a little flatter, tracks more easily, and returns to level a little quicker that the gen5 G17. At some point we're down in the weeds, but it's there if you know what you're seeing. I've been telling people on the fence between a 17 and an X to get the X. If for no other reason, you're getting extra capacity mags, night sights, and some additional resale value for little more money.
    I'm going to try and pick one up on Saturday. There is a high volume blue label dealer about 80 minutes away. They will only hold a gun for 24 hours so I can call on Friday. I'm going to sell my M&P9c that I never shoot to help offset some of the cost. I bought that gun thinking I would get used to the short grip but with my big ass hands it was just never comfortable to shoot and hasn't been touched in a couple of years.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast