Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: website to buy old Smith revolvers ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

website to buy old Smith revolvers ?

I have a perfect Dirty Harry. But when I was hot and heavy looking, someone showed me a website that sold used nice Smith revolvers. Anybody know of this site? I have a friend looking ?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    J&G has a pretty good selection:

http://www.jgsales.com/handguns-c-16_211_431.html

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks guys this is till not the treasure I have seen before. gracias
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Not too much available right now, but guessing this was the source you were referring to.

http://www.dcarroll.net

tp

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No, but I appreciate it. This site had 10-20 in all conditions classic Dirty Harry 44 mags in old school Blue. And a shitload of other stuff. I guess my friend will have to look on GB.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So I guess we’re talking 6-1/2” barreled pre-N frame, 4-screw with “S” prefix serial numbers then. From my experience, while still commanding a premium, the market is soft on them; no where as HOT as the demand for Colt snake revolvers!

Had a 1957 built one left to me ... early s/n, in black presentation case/box w/ 3 tools, and negligible drag marks on the cylinder from the hand as the cyclinder rotated. Sent for the factory letter from S&W. Even though Mr. Jenks, their historian had retired, he looked into this personally - for fun he said, as he even called me. Turns out it was made before the model was released for production, but is not a demo or pilot run one. They used the black lined box before switching to the wood box we all know.

Let’s just say if valued at 4 large - by the book - I was lucky to get an offer at 3 large. Any auction sale would have realized me even less ... ahhh well, cost me nothing but the xfer fee from the estate & $75 (IIRC) letter fee!
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    very cool story. So I didn't understand, did you sell it?

PB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    very cool story. So I didn't understand, did you sell it?
    Yes, I did. IIRC the Blue Book and appraised value was almost $3K, and the offer was for 80% of that, so where it co$t me nada for it - I sold it. I just can't keep guns I can't shoot ...
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    did you ever figure out the site @pappabear?
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast