Thread: Best Scope Mounts for Carbine with Leupold VX6 1-6?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Best Scope Mounts for Carbine with Leupold VX6 1-6?

Best Scope Mounts for 11.5 Carbine with Leupold VX6 1-6?

The Regular (shortest) SPR (Longest) or the Extended (medium long)?

Thanks for the tips

Feedback Score
    I'm partial to Larue QD mounts, I use the LT104 for my LWRC with a 1-6x 30mm Vortex Strike Eagle and I'm very happy with it. Larue's LT111 is another great option if that works better for you.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...ount-qd-lt104/

Last edited by wisemenofgotham; 03-30-18 at 04:16.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Best Scope Mounts for 11.5 Carbine with Leupold VX6 1-6?

The Regular (shortest) SPR (Longest) or the Extended (medium long)?

Thanks for the tips
    It's a question only you can answer. What works for me may not for you. A perfect example is the LRC rifle pictured above. I couldn't shoot it with the scope that far back.

Feedback Score
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    It's a question only you can answer. What works for me may not for you. A perfect example is the LRC rifle pictured above. I couldn't shoot it with the scope that far back.
    This. You will likely want either the SPR or extended, but which one depends on your shooting position, face shape, and preferences. It may change over time.

Personally, for run n'gun type use I tend to shoot NTCH (nose to charging handle) so I would want the longest mount. But for prone, target use I generally shoot with my head farther back, and with most scopes I would use an intermediate (1-1.5" forward) extension mount, like an ADM Recon. A scope that has unusually long or short eye relief would change this.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How much do you want to spend? You can blow anywhere from $80 to over $300. Are you tall or short, which relates to eye relief. Do you like your nose on the charging handle or do you place your face back a bit like a tall long armed guy like me? QD or not? Light weight or not? How high do you want your mount? If you know some guys with different mount set ups, try them for fit.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I run Midwest Industries and Geissele mounts on all of my LPV's and most of my red dots, with the exception of one or two ADM and Scalarworks mounts. The MI mounts are rock solid and the QD levers are far better than those on the ADM mounts. This is the MI mount that I use the most: https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...d30smh-blk.htm. If you don't need the 1.93 height, they make a standard height version.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    The MI mounts are rock solid and the QD levers are far better than those on the ADM mounts.
    Opinions may vary I guess. I've had two MI mounts with their "revolutionary" QD lever system. The first one, right when they came out, I returned because it could not be adjusted to fit any of my uppers without being either loose enough to slide around or so tight it was nearly impossible to remove. Yes, I know this is exactly opposite of their claim, and yes I read the directions carefully and tried all possible adjustments.

Recently I got another MI mount at a can't-pass-up clearance price. It works fine. It appears that the adjustment nut has a lot more facets than originally, allowing a finer adjustment. I'm able to reach a sweet spot of tightness on this one, but it's one single spot. I use roughly a dozen ADM mounts and have had no problems, with all combinations of mount and rail having been successful in at least one spot, and some of them will have a sweet spot (no movement but still reasonable to remove) of more than one nut-facet-adjustment.

All in all I don't find any benefit of the MI QD lever over the ADM system. The current version is probably as good, but not better that I can tell. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 VX6 1-6 scopes and use a LaRue LT104 on one and an ADM Recon on the other, I also have a Trijicon 1-4 in an ADM Recon mount too, I think but anyway no extended mounts for me. I shoot almost NTCH and my ocular lenses are about .500-.750" forward of the charging handles.