Thread: QD base for Vortex Spitfire AR 1x

Feedback Score

QD base for Vortex Spitfire AR 1x

I think I have read all the threads on this forum about the Vortex Spitfire AR (model with AAA battery under tube), and I do not recall seeing mention of compatible QD bases. And it was not mentioned on the Vortex webpage (nor in the materials that come in the packaging). However mention was made in a review video that it was compatible with mounts for the Aimpoint T-1.
    I recently purchased a Spitfire AR and compared the base to the QD base I have on a T-1. Looked identical. I ordered an American Defense QD low mount for Aimpoint T-1.
    I can now confirm that this works for those who may be interested.
    Like most things, there were a couple of minor quirks. The screws holding the stock base to the Spitfire AR had TORX #10 screw heads, so you really do need a T-10 screwdriver. Also the factory was liberal with threadlocker and it bonded the base to the unit. Some of my wife's nail polish remover and a q-tip solved that problem. Other than these two quirks I encountered, it is a five minute job.
    I am very happy with the result.

PS- Don't forget to adjust the diopter ring to your eye. I was used to typical red dot, so when I first looked thru tube (before reading instruction manual), image were less than 1x and the center dot not visible. Needless to say, this threw me for a minute.

Feedback Score
    What type of co-witness did the new mount provide?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MarRip16 View Post
    What type of co-witness did the new mount provide?
    Can't help you on that question. I purchased the ultra-low mount because I was mounting it on a FAL.
    So all I can tell you for certain is that the ultra-low mount absolutely will not co-witness.
    Last edited by LDM; 12-27-16 at 09:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do you have the Vortex Spitfire AR 1x Prism Scope or the Vortex Spitfire 1x (non-AR)? I ask because my Spitfire AR has an integrated mount which obviously can't be replaced. Thanks.