Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it begins - NEW GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION AND UPDATES HERE

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

And so it begins - NEW GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION AND UPDATES HERE

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ho...rticle/2650087

The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, the legislation bans the sale, transfer, production, and importation of semi-automatic shotguns with features such as a pistol grip or detachable stock, and ammunition feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds.
    So pretty much everything semi-auto.

Now, what we need to emphasize to people is that their Marlin Model 60 is a semi-auto with a greater than 10 round capacity can no longer be bought nor can they sell them or give them as a Christmas present to their family members.

Their dandy little Ruger Mark IV or Browning Buckmark squirrel hunting handguns, that's gone too.

We need them to see that the Anti's don't plan on just stopping with the "AK-15".

Please make sure you call your reps and make sure your FUDD friends see the real plan.

https://cicilline.house.gov/press-re...apons-ban-2018

ETA:

It isn't as bad as portrayed above. Apparently the media can't even get the bills they support right.

I should have known. Actual bill posted below.

Doesn't change the fact that we all know that is what they are going for. They showed their hand in their description.
    Last edited by Crow Hunter; 02-26-18 at 19:10. Reason: I shouldn't have expected the media to be accurate about their own legislation.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    This is DOA and everyone knows it. Although it is nice to see them show their true colors.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Here is the actual bill.

Basically a repeat of the 1994 bill.

Should have expected the media to get that wrong.

https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/ci...an_of_2018.pdf

Feedback Score
    Not surprised, really.

For years, as these events have happened, we've argued that attempting another AWB targeted at ARs was pointless because nearly any centerfire semi-auto is functionally capable of the same thing.

They listened.

At least now we can argue on actual merits of the principle rather than silly cosmetic nuances.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    This is DOA and everyone knows it. Although it is nice to see them show their true colors.
    I honestly hope you're correct, but I personally don't believe in a "sure thing". I know you didn't use that term, just want to be clear on that. As I posted elsewhere, the continued attention this is getting from and being pushed by the Media isn't normal. Maybe I need to buy tinfoil, but part of me wonders if they are continuing to push things in hopes of another mass shooting so they can use it as further "proof" that "evil" guns need to go away. Our elected officials are only human, I could see some waffling in order to garner votes/funds and this proposal having a chance. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

As you pointed out, it is nice to see them once again show their true colors.
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

And so it begins

All any Republican with a brain has to do is point to the ‘94 ban and say, it had zero effect on violent crime then and it will have zero effect now. The sky is not falling. Yet....

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    All any Republican with a brain has to do is point to the ‘94 ban and say, it had zero effect on violent crime then and it will have zero effect now. The sky is not falling. Yet....
    Or,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Or,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is my new method. The left doesn't care about facts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has anyone defined what is an assault weapon? Just heard that FL voted down an assault weapon ban.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Similar to how Chicago's, NYC's, DC's, and California's laws aren't effective?

WE research and look at the facts/evidence. We know the '94 ban didn't effect things. However, that was almost 24 years ago. Now days we have social media, an openly biased corporate media, and a couple generations that can't be bothered to use their internet time to look into things on there own because that takes away from posting selfies, much less know how to do research at a library. A number of people are apathetic as they feel since they aren't directly affected it doesn't concern them. As many of us as there are, sadly we may be a minority over all.

Not saying the sky is falling, but being of the generation that was in high school back in '94, this is new territory for me.
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast