Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it begins - NEW GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION AND UPDATES HERE

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    This is what we get when we vote repub as the lesser of two evils.
    So we should have voted for Hillary? Cause they were the only 2 choices on my ballot.I would have preferred Cruz, but it didn't happen.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    So we should have voted for Hillary? Cause they were the only 2 choices on my ballot.I would have preferred Cruz, but it didn't happen.
    There is no good option.

Honestly the best thing that could ever happen to this country is DC being wiped completely off the map when Congress is in session. Anything short of that and we're stuck with the same broken system until it barrels off the proverbial cliff.

Feedback Score
    Unless Trump can be challenged by a guy like Rand Paul or Ted Cruz and beat him, and win the general election which is probably impossible we're done as a nation
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Unless Trump can be challenged by a guy like Rand Paul or Ted Cruz and beat him, and win the general election which is probably impossible we're done as a nation
    You're gonna need to elect about a hundred more of each in congress to support such a candidate, otherwise it will never go anywhere.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    At some point I started to question my complicity in giving my electoral approval of liars and corrupt globalist prostitutes running for office. I came to believe we are beyond recovery politically or socially. We passed the tipping point with TARP. Neither party gives a crap what the common man wants or needs, let alone what our Constitution says and means. I believe our voting means absolutely nothing in terms of legislative and regulatory outcomes. Corporations and globalist NGOs drive the campaign funding and thus the legislative agenda. I exercised my only other option than to vote for EVIL #1 or EVIL #2: I abstained.

I respect those who still believe voting can make a difference. And I have no inclination to persuade anyone to my thinking. You either believe in Civics 101 or you don't. I live now with the expectation we are on a continual slide into serfdom and oppression. May take 50 years or 2 years. But I think our system was broken deliberately and not enough citizens understand or care to want anything different. Those who care are in the minority snd we will get a tyranny of the majority lead by oligarchs. I observe politics for entertainment and heads up only, and focus my efforts on my family's future regardless of the political winds.

Hopefully I am a pathetic cynic and totally wrong.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Times like this I miss Firefly. He would come in and drop some unadulterated truth bomb about how he DGAF. He was going to do him with his trusty G19. I wish I met up with that guy when I was in Georgia. Grabbed some PBRs.

Look guys, it's really simple. The reason why we keep loosing and they keep winning is because they have no morals and we keep clinging to some imaginary moral high ground that we just have to maintain. Until we start playing dirty, like they do, we will always loose. The choice simple, get dirt on your hands or keep your virtue and one day wake up to the telescreen telling you to do your morning stretches and touch those toes. Those are our choices. Plain and simple. I'm not to keen on drinking oily ass Victory Gin with cloves.

Do I feel betrayed by Trump? Fuc|< yeah I do. Did we loose this battle? Yup, we did. Does that mean we should give up on the war? Hell no. You know they won't stop, so throwing your hands up in the air bitching about quantum state chess or who ass raped who won't do a god damn thing. If we give up now they will win in 2018. They will win in 2020 and by March 2021 there will be a ban on the ownership of all semi automatic firearms. Then we are all felons boys.

There was an old joke from the motherland about Ukrainian farmers watering their gardens with motor oil. Waiting for the day when it's time to dig up their rifles and slaughter the Moskali. Guess what, they never dug them up. They just kept saying "soon". And then millions of the died.

Yeah, our Cherrios got pissed in today. Stop sulking. Stop saying this nation is lost. It's the only nation we got. I'm not having any kids, fine, but you guys have kids. Don't let them resent us for what we did, or rather didn't do. Not voting in November won't help anyone. Accelerating the decline won't help anyone. Look at Venezuela, they crashed, do you see some magical resurgence anytime soon? No, and you won't see one here. Once we crash, there will be no fixing it.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by philcam View Post
    I cross my fingers it isn't that sinister. I'm still holding out that Trump said "F---- it. It's not worth handing the Dems the political ammo of a government shut down. FY18 is halfway over. FY19 is right around the corner and just before the election. I'll use the politics of the election to get the bill I want."

At least that is what I WANT to believe.
    I'm more cynical.

I used to think the Deep State talk was all conspiracy nonsense but now I'm not so sure.

People said Trump had his own money so he couldn't be controlled but the problem is they underestimated the huge liability his baggage brought with it. I think when Trump wanders to the right, the deep state threatens to expose him so he wanders over to the left and they ease off.

The deep state has controlled many a President with far less baggage than Trump.
    Last edited by Waylander; 03-23-18 at 23:37.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    I'm more cynical.

I used to think the Deep State talk was all conspiracy nonsense but now I'm not so sure.

People said Trump had his own money so he couldn't be controlled but the problem is they underestimated the huge liability his baggage brought with it. I think when Trump wanders to the right, the deep state threatens to expose him so he wanders over to the left and they ease off.

The deep state has controlled many a President with far less baggage than Trump.
    The term "conspiracy theory" was coined to discredit ideas like the deep state.

I believe our government is capable of literally anything at this point and the only real deterrent is the fact that we're the most heavily armed population on earth.

The political ruling class (make no mistake, that's what it is) views you and I the same way Stalin, Chairman Mao and Saddam Hussein viewed their subjects. We're nothing more than an unfortunately necessary annoyance.

Trump was our last, best shot of turning things around. There won't be another.

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-20-18 at 23:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by Arik; 03-24-18 at 06:30.

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast