Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it begins - NEW GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION AND UPDATES HERE

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R6436 View Post
    Similar to how Chicago's, NYC's, DC's, and California's laws aren't effective?

WE research and look at the facts/evidence. We know the '94 ban didn't effect things. However, that was almost 24 years ago. Now days we have social media, an openly biased corporate media, and a couple generations that can't be bothered to use their internet time to look into things on there own because that takes away from posting selfies, much less know how to do research at a library. A number of people are apathetic as they feel since they aren't directly affected it doesn't concern them. As many of us as there are, sadly we may be a minority over all.

Not saying the sky is falling, but being of the generation that was in high school back in '94, this is new territory for me.
    I actually bought my first AR during the ‘94 ban.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I actually bought my first AR during the ‘94 ban.
    That is actually a bit of a relief. I just finished my 3rd build last weekend. I strongly dislike the idea of another ban.
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That is actually a bit of a relief. I just finished my 3rd build last weekend. I strongly dislike the idea of another ban.
    Just imagine the horror of BCM rifles with no bayonet lugs, fixed stocks and MDs. There’s definitely a higher caliber of rifles now (no pun intended).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Just imagine the horror of BCM rifles with no bayonet lugs, fixed stocks and MDs. There’s definitely a higher caliber of rifles now (no pun intended).
    Ok the bayonet lugs comment made me chuckle. I haven't handled a rifle with those since I retired...and I actually like fixed stocks (but 2 of my 3 are collapsible). In general tho that does sound bad. I like having choices/options.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I bought my first AR (a RRA) in 2007 right after I got home from Iraq, along with getting a McMillan stock and Hart barrel for my Savage. Being that I lived in NY, I was limited to 10 round mags (hahahaha) no muzzle devices, no bayonet lugs, and a fixed stock. I eventually sold that RRA for rent money and then starting building my current collection of Mega and 80% lowers and BCM and CLE uppers. CA laws are still a pain in the rear and I do everything I can while staying legal, would love to experience true freedom some day.

Feedback Score
    Join and/or donate to the NRA and/or GOA.

Feinstein told the CA Democrat convention that she will be re-introducing her bill next week in the senate.

Ah, memories...

https://youtu.be/ffI-tWh37UY
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Join and/or donate to the NRA and/or GOA.

Feinstein told the CA Democrat convention that she will be re-introducing her bill next week in the senate.

Ah, memories...

https://youtu.be/ffI-tWh37UY
    As far as Iowa senators go, Chuck will most likely be against it based on comments he's made in the last few years. Joni will go with whichever way the wind blows and help further her political stature.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Or,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. Not one more F***ing Inch.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It’s like telling me I need to give up liberty because some criminal hurt someone’s feelings.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    I honestly hope you're correct, but I personally don't believe in a "sure thing". I know you didn't use that term, just want to be clear on that. As I posted elsewhere, the continued attention this is getting from and being pushed by the Media isn't normal. Maybe I need to buy tinfoil, but part of me wonders if they are continuing to push things in hopes of another mass shooting so they can use it as further "proof" that "evil" guns need to go away. Our elected officials are only human, I could see some waffling in order to garner votes/funds and this proposal having a chance. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

As you pointed out, it is nice to see them once again show their true colors.
    No tinfoil. Seems like every time the Left or government needs a distraction from bad for Obama or Clinton, or justification to pass a bill, there’s a mass shooting to justify it all. Wasn’t there an antiterrorism bill stuck in Congress when Oklahoma City happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast