Thread: Grip housing for Beretta APX using 92 series mags...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Grip housing for Beretta APX using 92 series mags...

When will someone please make a grip housing for the Beretta APX using 92 series mags?

TED

Feedback Score
    The thing that amazes me most about 92 mags, is that when I look at the Cougar, 226, TP9, 6906, and probably more I can’t think of,
    They appear to be the same except with the release hole in a different location, and sometimes baseplate.

Yet the PX4 and APX are very different.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    The thing that amazes me most about 92 mags, is that when I look at the Cougar, 226, TP9, 6906, and probably more I can’t think of,
    They appear to be the same except with the release hole in a different location, and sometimes baseplate.

Yet the PX4 and APX are very different.
    My armorer modified some M9 mags to run in the SIG M11 (228?) so we could have a couple extra rounds in our spare mags. Said he just had to move the release cut.

My M9A1 blew my mind the other day. With its factory 15rnd mags, it consistently fails to lock back on empty. No such problem running M9A3 or 92A1 factory mags. So I took a look at the followers and found that the three mag types all had visibly obvious different heights on the LRBHO ledge of the followers. They were consistent within their types, with the 92A1 being highest, and the M9A1 “sand resistant” mags having the lowest height. I ordered some Mec Gars for comparison.

Edit2: careful measurement showed that the 92a1 and M9a3 mags have the LRBHO tab located equally on the follower. Must have been a trick of the eye due to different colors. The M9a1 mags, however, have much lower tabs than the M9A3/92A1 mags that do not engage the slide lock as positively. The MecGar mags are between the two, but closer to the 92A1/M9A3 mags. Long story short, I’ll be using only 17, 18, and 20 rnd mags from here out.

I think the Px4 mag is slightly wider than the 92 mag, and holds more rounds in any given length. I’ll double check next time I’m home.

Edit: went home and confirmed that 17rd PX4 mag is 1 1/4mm wider and 5 1/2mm shorter than 17rd M9A3 mag. (Both are oem). The PX4 (gun itself) is still narrower in the grip than than thinnest grip M9 I have by 2mm. 20 rnd PX4 Beretta mags and 20 rnd MecGar M9 mags are roughly the same length.

One thing Beretta sucks at is standardizing mags.
    Last edited by 1168; 03-16-18 at 13:31. Reason: Accuracy

Feedback Score
    I used m96 mags in a cz75 compact 40 for a few years. Had to make the cut higher.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Back during the ban I had some M9 mags that had a mag catch slot milled in the front so they could be used in my HS2000.

Worked fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    When will someone please make a grip housing for the Beretta APX using 92 series mags?

TED
    That’s a good idea. But I don’t see it happening, due to the fact I got tons of 92 mags. But I do like shooting my APX.