Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dick's does not want your stinking assault cash (RETAILER UPDATES)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Dick's does not want your stinking assault cash (RETAILER UPDATES)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/b...le-rifles.html

Dick's feels the pain of Parkland and will permanently remove all semi auto rifles and high capacity magazines from their stores. They expect backlash but "can't be a part of this any more."

So keep your stinking cash and take it elsewhere buckaroos. The article mentions their hunting sales were down last year, so with this announcement they might as well close out all their firearms section as I suspect there WILL be major backlash.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, Dick's is full of Dicks. I mean who the **** names their store Dick's? Anyway, last time I was in one their ammo was at least 20% over any place else locally, and the mags that they did have were over MSRP. I mean they had some of the new Magpul glock Pmags for oh $23 a piece for the 17rd ones. At anyrate I won't do business with them.

Anyway, I thought they stopped carrying semi autos back after SH? What they change their minds or what?
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Yeah, Dick's is full of Dicks. I mean who the **** names their store Dick's? Anyway, last time I was in one their ammo was at least 20% over any place else locally, and the mags that they did have were over MSRP. I mean they had some of the new Magpul glock Pmags for oh $23 a piece for the 17rd ones. At anyrate I won't do business with them.

Anyway, I thought they stopped carrying semi autos back after SH? What they change their minds or what?
    This.

We have one somewhat close. They never have anything anyway (and that counts FUDD guns). The few times that I have been at the local one they didn't have any "bad guns" anyway.

Locally Academy is eating their lunch in a BIG way. Much larger selection and MUCH lower prices.

I and probably most everyone else had written them off the last time they did this. I think this is a "Well I quit" statement 2 weeks after being fired.

Good riddance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Who shops at Dick's for semi auto rifles? No seriously! They are the FUDD'est of all stores. They're ok if you're looking for a Remington 700 or 870. Maybe a lever gun and you don't have any other store options or you simply wanted one rifle to go on a hunting trip with friends for the first time but otherwise have no interest in guns. I don't think they'll be loosing much money from gun owners

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 02-28-18 at 07:24.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mr. Stack said Dick’s remained a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment and will continue to sell a variety of sport and hunting firearms. Although he has never been a member of the N.R.A., Mr. Stack said he is, in fact, a gun owner and enjoys trapshooting clay targets.
    Yes, this guy really gets it.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Dickless sold Class III/NFA stuff?!?!

That would be a loss... I thought all they sold was stripped down, overpriced, DPMS & Rock River crap.

Oh well - guess we'll hafta start calling them "ball-less" as well.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I used to purchase a good bit of stuff from Field & Stream but no longer. Dicks/Field & Stream just opened up a new combo store here and they had a lot of pretty decent stuff at decent prices. However, after this, I will not step foot in those stores again. Cabelas is an hour down the road so it's no big deal to make the drive.

Feedback Score
    How many ARs did they sell and how much free advertising are they getting from all this, plus Mr. Fancypants gets to be the hero down at the country club(s).

This is like a Catholic Hospital saying they won't do any more abortions. Wasn't a big part of their business. I will not shop there anymore. Big 5, Bass Pro and Cabellas.

The problem with Dicks is that they suffer from pretty much the "Home Depot" disease. Pretty much anything in there is a POC and you can get it better and maybe even cheaper online or at a specialty store.

There is an awesome Bag of Dicks joke somewhere in here.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    How many ARs did they sell and how much free advertising are they getting from all this, plus Mr. Fancypants gets to be the hero down at the country club(s).

This is like a Catholic Hospital saying they won't do any more abortions. Wasn't a big part of their business. I will not shop there anymore. Big 5, Bass Pro and Cabellas.

The problem with Dicks is that they suffer from pretty much the "Home Depot" disease. Pretty much anything in there is a POC and you can get it better and maybe even cheaper online or at a specialty store.

There is an awesome Bag of Dicks joke somewhere in here.
    The CEO of Dick's Sporting Goods' virtue signalling and "I'm a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but..." attitude is about as cool as a bag of dicks. Maybe he'd enjoy receiving one: http://www.skdtac.com/skd-bag-of-dicks-p/skd.808.htm

Feedback Score
    Dicks hasn't carried ARs since Sandy Hook I think. Only their Field and Stream stores did. Dicks is trash anyway but now I will make sure to never step foot in one.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast