Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Dick's does not want your stinking assault cash (RETAILER UPDATES)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    It may be different in other areas of the country but here in SE Pa Dicks doesn't have much of anything in the way of firearms. Never did. There may be 20 different firearms broken down into several groups.
    A. Lever action.
    B. Shotguns. 99% hunting
    B1.pump
    B2. Break open
    C. 22LR
    C1. Ruger 10/22
    C2. All other 22lr
    D. AR in a hunting caliber. 308, 243, 7mm-08...etc.
    E. Bolt action

That's it!

I only know of one person who's ever bought a rifle from them. Years ago they had a sale on Remington 700 ADL for something like $300. A friend who bought one. Anyone who actually wants a firearm goes to a gun store. The few times I was in Dick's all I saw were soccer moms with their kids buying school sports related products or casual fishermen.

Personally I've never seen a reason to shop at Dick's. Even before Sandy Hook, although I sometimes did use them as a price comparison.

Gander mountain tried to sell here. Didn't work. Lasted about a year. We also don't have any near by Bass Pro, Cabela's, Field and Stream, Academy or any other big box stores. Honestly I don't think they'd last long. We have several very good stores around here that have great selections, much more personal and priced below anything the big guys. I could be wrong though but in such a big sprawling suburban area you'd think by now they'd open at least one.

Anyway, I believe Kain is right. Gun owners are by and large cheap and driven by bling. 9 times out of 10 a pimped out Taurus will sell faster than a used Glock even if the prices are near identical. Product A is "just as good as" product B. Not that there's a problem with getting a good deal but most gun purchases are made by feelings and looks.

If Dick's all of a sudden offered 22lr for $5/box there would be a line from the door to next Tuesday.

When my wife and I were apartment dwellers there was a Dick's in the mall across the street from our complex. I would walk in once in awhile, that is how I knew that carried a "Dick's exclusive" Troy AR. They carried a lot more wheel guns, lever guns, pump guns, and bolt guns for sure.

During the .22lr ammo drought I would pick up a box or two when Dick's got a shipment in as it would be months on end before anyone would have some. Even picked up some range ammo (UMC .223) when they would run sales. But that was about it other than apparel for the wife and I.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It may be different in other areas of the country but here in SE Pa Dicks doesn't have much of anything in the way of firearms. Never did. There may be 20 different firearms broken down into several groups.
    A. Lever action.
    B. Shotguns. 99% hunting
    B1.pump
    B2. Break open
    C. 22LR
    C1. Ruger 10/22
    C2. All other 22lr
    D. AR in a hunting caliber. 308, 243, 7mm-08...etc.
    E. Bolt action

That's it!

I only know of one person who's ever bought a rifle from them. Years ago they had a sale on Remington 700 ADL for something like $300. A friend who bought one. Anyone who actually wants a firearm goes to a gun store. The few times I was in Dick's all I saw were soccer moms with their kids buying school sports related products or casual fishermen.

Personally I've never seen a reason to shop at Dick's. Even before Sandy Hook, although I sometimes did use them as a price comparison.

Gander mountain tried to sell here. Didn't work. Lasted about a year. We also don't have any near by Bass Pro, Cabela's, Field and Stream, Academy or any other big box stores. Honestly I don't think they'd last long. We have several very good stores around here that have great selections, much more personal and priced below anything the big guys. I could be wrong though but in such a big sprawling suburban area you'd think by now they'd open at least one.

Anyway, I believe Kain is right. Gun owners are by and large cheap and driven by bling. 9 times out of 10 a pimped out Taurus will sell faster than a used Glock even if the prices are near identical. Product A is "just as good as" product B. Not that there's a problem with getting a good deal but most gun purchases are made by feelings and looks.

If Dick's all of a sudden offered 22lr for $5/box there would be a line from the door to next Tuesday.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Was Gander Mountain even open a year? It was a very underwhelming store. I went with a group of my friends and could find nothing I could use besides a heavy hoodie for work (write off) and some Ballistol.

Now on the occasions that I work down by willow grove I eat lunch in Ganders empty parking lot. The building still looks all brandy new, its kind of ashame all that money and effort wasted. I cant imagine what business will be next to fail in that building.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post
    Was Gander Mountain even open a year? It was a very underwhelming store. I went with a group of my friends and could find nothing I could use besides a heavy hoodie for work (write off) and some Ballistol.

Now on the occasions that I work down by willow grove I eat lunch in Ganders empty parking lot. The building still looks all brandy new, its kind of ashame all that money and effort wasted. I cant imagine what business will be next to fail in that building.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Yea about a year. They opened in June and we're gone the next summer. I walked through on opening day and was going insane. They were giving out free duck calls to all the kids!!!! WTF! 200 kids running around the store blowing into those stupid whistles! Aside from that prices were stupid high. $50 Glock mags, $60 Beretta 92 mags, $15/box of 9mm, $25/box of 45...etc. The next time I went in is when everything was on sale, still no deals.

Oh and .... better place to eat lunch right down the street at Iron Abby!!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yea about a year. They opened in June and we're gone the next summer. I walked through on opening day and was going insane. They were giving out free duck calls to all the kids!!!! WTF! 200 kids running around the store blowing into those stupid whistles! Aside from that prices were stupid high. $50 Glock mags, $60 Beretta 92 mags, $15/box of 9mm, $25/box of 45...etc. The next time I went in is when everything was on sale, still no deals.

I always thought they were way over priced on everything. Except when they had their going out of business sales- their firearms and ammo were still too high - I bought a couple of leather Columbia belts for $12 each and several bottles of RemOil for $2 or $3 each.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score

Gander Mountain was horrible in El Paso, Texas. I saw a plain jane M4 (DPMS if I remember correctly) selling for more than you could buy a Colt from most outlets. The only good thing about Gander Mountain was that they had 22lr when everyone else was sold out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Dick's does not want your stinking assault cash (RETAILER UPDATES)

This isn’t the first time they’ve pulled this shit with us, screw Dicks.

I haven’t shopped there in 10 years and wouldn’t go back if it were the last place to buy ammo.

I don’t understand how someone would actually waste their time in that #ShitHole.

It’s only a matter of time before they go the way of ToysRUs. Hell maybe they’ll even hire David Brandon as the final nail when he’s done with TRU.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 03-16-18 at 17:11.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213