Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dick's does not want your stinking assault cash (RETAILER UPDATES)

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Just looked at Palmetto's website, they have this warning for their AR lowers: Must be 21 or older to purchase.

Is that new or put up post Florida massacre? Are we going to boycott Palmetto's also?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Can FFLs legally discriminate based on age? That's like McDonald's refusing to sell food to fat people to combat the obesity crisis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    How can anyone who runs a retail establishment think it is a good idea to alienate a large block of consumers? It is not as though brick and mortar retail has been burning up the universe with sales performance lately. But hey, lets drive some more customers away.
    I don't have to agree with someone to appreciate the fact that they take a principled stand. In this case I feel it is misguided. It will, no doubt, adversely impact the bottom line at their Field and Stream locations, which the CEO mentioned in the story.

Don't buy much from Dick's - generally compression undershorts - wont be hard to find those elsewhere.

I don't mind folks believing different than me, so long as they don't tell me what to believe.

I can vote with my wallet, and will in this case.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Just looked at Palmetto's website, they have this warning for their AR lowers: Must be 21 or older to purchase.

Is that new or put up post Florida massacre? Are we going to boycott Palmetto's also?
    Since lowers can become handguns, they often have to be sold that way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    Can FFLs legally discriminate based on age? That's like McDonald's refusing to sell food to fat people to combat the obesity crisis.
    I've always thought FFL's didn't have to transfer to anyone for whom they didn't feel comfortable completing a transfer.

I think an age policy is an example of something that can be objectively applied to everyone across the board, so I think they would be OK.

Keep in mind I'm not a lawyer, I'm on the internet.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Honestly, you guys can be butthurt all you want on the Internet -- nothing is gonna come from circle-jerking talking sh!t on DSG.

I'm personally shorting Dick's Sporting Goods into the ground (NYSE: DKS); already have taken out puts with year-end expiry. At the core, you're looking at a PHYSICAL RETAIL STORE that will never be able to compete with Amazon.com in terms of pricing & selection. Now, they went ahead and removed one of their HIGHEST-MARGIN items that required customers to physically enter the store, in addition to pissing off no-less-than 50% of their potential customers.

Stick a fork in 'em. They're done. Calling bankruptcy within 2 years, or less.

I can't believe their board members are so ****ing stupid.

Edit: I'll probably donate a chunk of the profits from this trade when I close it to the NRA; just because.
    Last edited by ^Rb; 02-28-18 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Why anyone would shop at Dick's even before this baffles me.
    Like any other store - it is convenient, has what they want at a price they are ok with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

No that is federal law.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Hey Dicks

Muh balls
    Your mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I didn't have a lot of experience with the store, but the few I was in didn't have any ARs anyway. Maybe it depends by region or something, but other than the occasional ammo sale, their prices were nothing special. As a private entity, I support them if that's the route they wanna go but I suspect they will go the Gander Mountain route in the not too distant future.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast