Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help deciding on brace for AR pistol...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THORN74 View Post
    Yeah I decided on the SBPDW, it should be here Thursday. Also went with a Geissele super 42 spring and buffer. Hopefully that will be a decent combo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    You'll be happy you did, congrats.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    Yeah I decided on the SBPDW, it should be here Thursday. Also went with a Geissele super 42 spring and buffer. Hopefully that will be a decent combo

I built an 11.5" BCM 5.56 upper on a pistol lower, and a 9" BCM 300 Blk upper on a pistol lower. I have SB PDW's and Geissele Super 42's on both. The 556 is fine of course. The 300 Blk works fine with 220 gr Remington UMC Subsonic ammo with the H1 buffer that comes in the Super 42. I ordered an H2 ans H3 buffers to try. BCM recommends an H3 buffer with 300 Blk and high velocity ammo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not sure about active shooters, I'm just a plain old civie dad. I carry a Walter PPS M2 every day, that should get me back to my car. This is going to be a truck gun/range toy/bug-out/bug-in gun. I have a bag and sling already I figured a few pmags and maybe a D60 and I'll be good to go.

I have a 8.5" 300blk pistol with the shockwave blade. So I just tested the 556 upper on my blkout lower this weekend. She worked flawlessly. She was shooting decent groups with green tips (2596 fps) and with my 62 gr Hornady hanloads (2605 fps).

I like my Blade just fine but am awaiting the release of the Blade 2.0. Any day now from what I understand.

Feedback Score
    So I'm building a 10.5" AR pistol in 5.56mm. the upper is done, besides some backup sites, and I have 90% of the lower setup and in hand. I cannot decide on a brace/buffer setup. So I'm looking for opinions.

Choice 1: SB PDW Brace with Geissele super 42 braided spring and buffer.

Choice 2: vltor A5 pistol kit and a SBM4 brace.

I'm back and forth on the pluses and minuses of both. Can u guys give me some opinions or a third option I haven't considered yet?

Thank in advance.

Have you spent time with one without a brace? I ask because when I first tried the concept I tried minus any kind of brace. To me the negatives out weigh the positives. I just put together a range blaster 5.56 for under $400, putting a PDW on it would double the value.........I put a law folder on my 300 pistol .

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    What did you go with? I have an original Tailhook on my CZ, I love it. I have a KAK on a lower, I like it and the price point is great. I just ordered an SBA3 and a Tailhook Mod 2. I like the idea of an adjustable brace. The Tailhook Mod 2 arrived, it's expensive but I like the solid rear. I am looking forward to the SBA3.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    What did you go with? I have an original Tailhook on my CZ, I love it. I have a KAK on a lower, I like it and the price point is great. I just ordered an SBA3 and a Tailhook Mod 2. I like the idea of an adjustable brace. The Tailhook Mod 2 arrived, it's expensive but I like the solid rear. I am looking forward to the SBA3.
    I believe this is what he went with.......

DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Thanks. I missed that. That's a cool brace.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Without handling the SBA3, I wonder if my Tailhook mod 2 is worth the extra $100. I'll have to wait until I shoot it to pass judgement.

usmcvet, interested in what you think of the SBA3...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Thanks. I missed that. That's a cool brace.
    Hdrolling is correct. I went with the SBPDW brace and a Geissele super 42 buffer spring kit. Works very well. I love the SBPDW, it shoulders very well when necessary. It makes for a great little package.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I am a fan of the Tailhook Mod 2 especially if you ever have to use it as a brace. No straps to get in the way either. Running mine with a LAW folder all tucked away in a Vertx backpack.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast