Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help deciding on brace for AR pistol...

Feedback Score
    The Brace you select will also depend on what features, functions, & performance you want out of your pistol.

If you want light, simple, and inexpensive, I'd go with the Shockwave Blade.
    If you want comfort while shooting, then one of the SB Tactical Braces might be the better choice.
    If you want all the bells & whistles possible, then you should check out the Maxim Defense or soon to be released Gear Head Works Tailhook Collapsible Braces.

And to mix things up more... including something like the Law Tactical Folding adapter into the equation might make your head explode.
    Last edited by sagecarbina; 04-24-18 at 22:09.

Feedback Score
    Where are the photos or links on all these options?
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Need help deciding on brace for AR pistol...

Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    Where are the photos or links on all these options?
    I have a KAK Shockwave. I can’t find any photos of my KAK Gun.

I just ordered the Tailhook Mod2 it has an adjustable length of pull. It’s going on my AK pistol today. I’ll post photos later.

Here is my original Tailhook on my CZ pistol. It’s metal and rock solid. I started adding US parts to get to 922r compliance. The trigger, mag release, safety, barrel, hand guard and pistol grip as well as the Tailhook are all American made. Once I Shot the braced pistol I didn’t want to SBR it.

The new one is plastic and pretty rugged too and is one piece. Not screwed on. The metal Tailhook screams quality craftsmanship.

Here is the SBA3 brace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 04-25-18 at 09:22.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    New AK M92 PAP with the Tailhook Mod 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i use a shockwave for my sig mcx, the mcx has a longer length of pull from the factory that what I like. and well.....it comes in grey.FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quick Pic with its new SBA3 brace, no front sight, light or can at the moment. Probably the best pistol brace currently out there. One thing to know if you are using this brace with some of the Sig folding stock rifles is, this brace may not lay flat against the side of the weapon when folded unless you have the brace extended all the way out. This is due to the shape of the brace profile where you put your cheek, as it has a shelf to it.

Last edited by Biggy; 05-12-18 at 19:43.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    The metal Tailhook screams quality craftsmanship.
    Yes it does. I have one behind a LAW folder and Vltor A5 pistol RE. I have found the lack of ajustment to be fine as the A5+LAW is a perfect length to shoulder, for me anyway.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    I have the metal Tailhook (mod 1) on a CNC warrior hinge on my pap m92 The whole thing is really really solid, like you can buttstroke someone with it and have zero worries about anything breaking. Also, if you happen to accidentally shoulder it, it is really comfortable.

I posted a picture of the setup in the AK picture thread.

ETA: also have the mod2 on my 12.5" AR pistol, and that one is great too. I just decided to go with the most solid thing for the AK.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nocaster; 05-11-18 at 12:03.

Feedback Score
    Where did you get your maxim defense pdw brace with the jp at?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No interest in a shockwave?
    Be of good cheer, you men of Valor.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast