Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Krieger Barrel break in on 18” break in suggestions. Have new kac on the way.

Feedback Score

Krieger Barrel break in on 18” break in suggestions. Have new kac on the way.

Suggestions please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    What do they say on their website under Frequently Asked Questions?
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    I’d shoot it.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    You can never go wrong by doing 20-30 iterations of cleaning all fouling and copper from the bore between each shot, and then moving to the same process with 5 shot strings for 20-30 rounds.
    60 rounds and a couple hours on the range isn't much to ask if you really want to get long-term performance.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    https://kriegerbarrels.com/faq#breakin

Bare stainless I'll break-in. Any coated/treated/chrome lined barrels just get shot. I find that the less fussing I do with the bore the more consistent the rifle is.
    Last edited by bp7178; 03-01-18 at 14:06.

Feedback Score
    A friend with a Kreiger barreled rifle was chatting with me regarding break-in when I was firing the first rounds out of my precision bolt gun. This guy shoots some serious groups, and is easily the best shooter I've ever seen first hand.

His words: "Kreiger keeps a break in FAQ on their site only because they are tired of people asking them [about breaking barrels in]." There are professional shooters that have no break in procedure other than to... shoot... the... gun.

In other words: shoot the gun. When the groups open up, clean it. Repeat.

There's no more voodoo involved than that. Shoot. The. Gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Watch "Proper Barrel Break-in Procedure" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/TRRahHX9Zkg

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    A friend with a Kreiger barreled rifle was chatting with me regarding break-in when I was firing the first rounds out of my precision bolt gun. This guy shoots some serious groups, and is easily the best shooter I've ever seen first hand.

His words: "Kreiger keeps a break in FAQ on their site only because they are tired of people asking them [about breaking barrels in]." There are professional shooters that have no break in procedure other than to... shoot... the... gun.

Same guy I know is ringing 2” gongs at 600y with a .223 and Krieger barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post

I was just having this same conversation today with a buddy. I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand. Break in procedures are not needed. When you shoot then clean, shoot then clean etc., all you are really doing is extending the time your barrel "breaks in" so to speak.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, I would probably listen to Jack. He kind of knows a little about KAC rifles. Just sayin'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast