Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: *UPDATE w/Pic* Considering the Steyr AUG, have a few questions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpirateroberts View Post
    Another question, while I was ordering mags online I came across the AUG PMAGs. Are these good mags? or should I just stick with the AUG mags. So far I ordered 6 42 rounders and 6 standard 30 round AUG mags. Just wondering if I should pick up some Pmags as well?
    The Magpul AUG mags are good to go. The only reason Magpul is making them is because they won the Australian military contract. So, the Australian military says that Magpul AUG mags are good to go. The fact that they are available on the US market is just a side effect and bonus.

My original recommendation was and still is to use the NATO stock and NATO mags. Since that is water under the bridge I will advise you thusly...

I personally use the 42rd mags almost exclusively (I have 24 of the Steyr 42rd and 3 of the MSAR (also good, see previous posts) 42rd). You can still go prone with them, they handle better, they are easier to get in and out of the gun, they don't throw the balance off like they could in a conventional weapon, and the extra capacity is nice.

If I were going to buy additional 30rd mags at this time, I would absolutely go with the Magpul AUG mags.

One thing I do not know and am curious about is whether or not the Magpul AUG mags allow the use of AR style spoons and stripper clips. I doubt it, but if so that would be a very powerful benefit (AUG mags are notoriously bereft of good stripper clip and speed loader options).

TED

Feedback Score
    I bought a bunch of Steyr mags back when they were around $15 ea. However now they seem to go for about $25 for 30's and $29 for 42's. The P-Mag's are only about $6 less but I don't own any. Now for my NATO stocks, I did buy some P-Mag 30's and some Lancer AWC mags. I prefer the Austrian stock with original magazines overall though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345