Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM QRF quad rail

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I’ll take a moment to comment on this old thread that I find that to be an incredibly good looking carbine.
    Thanks, it’s a great little blaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    You guys might want to check out Manta Defense rail guards. They're rubberized panels for pic rails you can cut to size, and they're embedded with a metal heat deflecting strip. I've used them on a few setups, and they work pretty well.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    You guys might want to check out Manta Defense rail guards. They're rubberized panels for pic rails you can cut to size, and they're embedded with a metal heat deflecting strip. I've used them on a few setups, and they work pretty well.
    "Heat deflecting metal strip"?

A 3-pack for $37!!!
    https://mantadefense.com/product/ver...guards-3-pack/

Ridiculous. You can get a pack of Ergo slim-line covers that cover the entire rail section with no exposed metal for $20, which even then is too much for what it is.

We've almost gotten to the point where machined aluminum rails may become less expensive than plastic rail panels.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Fudge! BCM is releasing some "prototype" QRFs with the ominous warning that there are no plans to make them in the future. I'm too long on carbean Pic rails and too leveraged on Gibson Les Pauls to buy one right now.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Fudge! BCM is releasing some "prototype" QRFs with the ominous warning that there are no plans to make them in the future. I'm too long on carbean Pic rails and too leveraged on Gibson Les Pauls to buy one right now.
    I saw that as well..
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    What is the difference between the production QRFs and the prototype QRFs?

And are the regular QRFs also being discontinued?

I asked BCM a while back what the status of the QRFs and their future. Customer service gave me a canned non-answer.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I ordered a 12” for a build I am starting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah I saw that and I am a bit tapped out this month

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BFS View Post
    What is the difference between the production QRFs and the prototype QRFs?

And are the regular QRFs also being discontinued?

I asked BCM a while back what the status of the QRFs and their future. Customer service gave me a canned non-answer.
    I wondered the same thing, but I’ve been watching for these for so long that I jumped on a 9” for my Kino anyway. Don’t want to see them go out of stock while I wait to find out.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The only difference I can see is the areas between the pic rail sections. The cutouts are oval on the prototype vs circular on the regular production.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast