Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loose Glock front sight post notch?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Loose Glock front sight post notch?

Has anybody had their aftermarket front sights not fit like a glove into the notch? I have tried Glock factory sights to replace the plastic screw on sights and the HSP Th1rte3n sights and have had the same slight looseness.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The ones I've installed (trijicon, ameriglo, heinie, warren tactical etc) typically have a little play and can rotate. So, I always make sure that they're rotated so that they're aligned to the slide, and installed with loctite to fill the gap. I believe that's pretty normal.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I echo what Military said, when I install aftemarket sights, put a good layer of blue loctite around the base, then on the screw that secures it. After tightening and alignment I wipe off excess.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve m View Post
    I echo what Military said, when I install aftemarket sights, put a good layer of blue loctite around the base, then on the screw that secures it. After tightening and alignment I wipe off excess.
    I do this, but with red Loctite. I also attempt to tighten the screw enough that I have to use an adjustable, locking wrench to ensure the front sight is plumb and square.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I do this, but with red Loctite. I also attempt to tighten the screw enough that I have to use an adjustable, locking wrench to ensure the front sight is plumb and square.
    I don't recall which Glock night sight I installed first, but the manufacturer recommended red Loctite 262

http://na.henkel-adhesives.com/produ...=8797709598721

and I am still on the same bottle 20 years later. Never an issue removing screws.

At that time, I don't recall any of the front sights I installed (PT, Heinie, Trijicon) being loose at all. Fast forward a few years and Trijicon, Heinie, and Ameriglo have all had quite a bit of play. Upside is the newer rear sights have been able to be pushed in without having to file the bottom of the dovetail which was the case with my older sights.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks everybody for the help. I really wish that Glock would use a dovetail setup for the front sight. Plus I'm sure that it would allow for a more robust front sight that doesn't use a tiny screw. Maybe they'll put a dove tail front sight on gen 6.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Loctite it and you wont have a problem.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Loctite Paste Blue is your friend here.

I use it like mortar on the front post before it goes into the slide. I use it on the screw too. Use a q-tip to clean up what oozes out. I frequently have to pop off the front sight with pliers, after the screw has been removed, when using this method.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was visiting a buddy last week and his G19 was holstered sitting on the counter, I asked how he was liking the Glock and he said good so far. I asked to see it and he dropped the clip and ejected the round and locked the slide open and handed it to me, I was looking it over the noticed....no front sight. I pointed this out and told him this could be a problem!

I am a Loctite freak....!

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    A dab of JB Weld.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast