Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P10C

Feedback Score

CZ P10C

This semi auto has not been on the market long. A little over a year. The gun has a superior trigger to a Glock. It has a light 4.5lb pull. Its a gun that interests me. It also can be bought new for around $475. This gun doesn't need aftermarket upgrades. I'm a Glock owner and I dislike the Glock trigger. I'm gonna buy a Zev Tech trigger bar to give me a better trigger. I'm sorry but I'm not in the camp that the Glock comes perfect from the factory. Anyone ever handle and shoot this particular CZ? I'm looking for a 9 millimeter gun. I'm currently carrying a Glock 22 but want a bit smaller gun for conceal carry. I also looked at the CZ P01 which is a metal gun. And of course I also will consider the Glock 19. I know there's no such thing as a perfect gun but I'm not rich so when I buy a gun it has to be too notch.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any gun you buy will be perfect. Partly because it will never be fired.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    This semi auto has not been on the market long. A little over a year. The gun has a superior trigger to a Glock. It has a light 4.5lb pull. Its a gun that interests me. It also can be bought new for around $475. This gun doesn't need aftermarket upgrades. I'm a Glock owner and I dislike the Glock trigger. I'm gonna buy a Zev Tech trigger bar to give me a better trigger. I'm sorry but I'm not in the camp that the Glock comes perfect from the factory. Anyone ever handle and shoot this particular CZ? I'm looking for a 9 millimeter gun. I'm currently carrying a Glock 22 but want a bit smaller gun for conceal carry. I also looked at the CZ P01 which is a metal gun. And of course I also will consider the Glock 19. I know there's no such thing as a perfect gun but I'm not rich so when I buy a gun it has to be too notch.
    If you want something smaller than a Glock 22 don't get the p10c. There is nothing compact about this gun, it is nearly identical in size to a Glock 17 and it holds two less rounds. I have owned 2 p10c's and have had quality issues with both, one of them had all the latest updates, but still suffered from the same problems. It does have a nice trigger though, and I shot it well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had one as well, while it really is'nt g17 sized, it's not g19 sized either, it's right between the two..On mine when new the slide release lever was incredibly stiff, it did however loosen up with shooting. The mag release was also very stiff it loosened up a bit with use, and a little polishing of the parts, still, dropping a full mag was diffcult to do, and really did'nt improve with use. One thing that bugged me was that the leg of the striker could be pushed to one side of the slide manually, and it would catch on the frame, there have been a few cases where this actually happened while firing. CZ supposedly has a fix for this. Another thing I didn't like was that the striker assembly seemed to be made from some cheap plastic, I don't know how durable it is.The whole striker assembly (striker, striker spring,sleeve, firing pin block, and spring )are assembled as a unit that's held together with a pin running through one side that holds the firing pin block and spring in place,(this spring is VERY small, and could be easily lost) this pin can easily slide out of place sending the firing pin block spring flying, if it's out of the slide, say for cleaning. One needs to be careful handling this unit out of the slide. Before the "fix" there was nothing to keep the striker from rotating, one part of the fix was to have a cresent shaped notch molded into the slides backplate so that the striker sleeve would lock into it and prevent the striker from rotating. Also, on earlier models the backplate would drop down while firing.. CZ's fix at the time, was to put a bevel on the bottom of the backplate, with the idea being that the slide started forward,the bevel would hit the frame and push the backplate back into place...Supposedly they've fixed that, too.The ergos of the grip and the trigger are excellant, but at the end of the day, it really dosen't do anything better than a g19. In my case I've decided to move on to DA/SA pistols for EDC, as I feel they offer a higher level of saftey. IMO, the P-10 has alot of potential, but it still has a few fleas they need to get rid of. Cajun Gun Works has a few parts that they're making for it, and they are coming out with a improved trigger for it as well. One last thing, all the internal parts except a few peices are MIM, and the surface finish of these parts is rough, and they just have a black oxide finish on them, only the slide and barrel as far as I know are black nitrided.
    Last edited by ralph; 03-05-18 at 19:37.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score

Is the CZ P10c a Glock killer??

Alot of great reviews on this polymer pistol. Better ergonomics, better trigger. Anyone have one and how do you think it compares to all other polymer guns??

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ll reply before all the he other responses linking to th existing P-10 C thread.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Still no. The Glock 19 has a very long proven track record of reliability and being the perfect size for concealed carry. It’s like the Colt 6920, it’s the standard everything else is compared too. Add to that some of the issues that have been reported with the P-10 such as strikers rotating and not functioning and back plates falling off, the CZ is off to maybe a little bit of a bumpy start. Kind of like the P-07 duty with its bulging frames issue, and grip you could squeeze so hard mags wouldn’t drop free, and 16 round mags that you couldn’t hardly get the sixteenth round in. Maybe when you see as many CZ’s in police holsters as you do Glocks you could say it’s compitition to the Glock, but not a Glock killer. Every new polymer wonder nine is billed as the next Glock killer and they never are. Honestly I think the only thing that can Glock is Glock. Even then they have enough rabidly loyal followers that they’ll be fine. Truthfully it doesn’t matter. If the P-10 does “it” for you then rock on. Eventually Glock will be replaced as the golden standard just like Glock replaces who ever it was before them, but I don’t think it’ll anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    you didn’t get many responses to your bread from 4 weeks ago. Maybe should have revived that one before starting yet another thread.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Is the CZ P10c a Glock killer??

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    Alot of great reviews on this polymer pistol. Better ergonomics, better trigger. Anyone have one and how do you think it compares to all other polymer guns??
    Forget "track record" as the P-10C cannot have it.

It's new.

Let's compare pistol to pistol.

No OEM Parts Distribution Network or "Quick Ship" holsters, etc.

Just pistol to pistol.

The P-10C is a more advanced design - ambi mag release (more on that later), large, easy to reach slide catch levers, it's heavily stippled, more ergonomic.

Cold hammer forged barrel and slide and both are melonited - like Glock, H&K and Walther.

I have found the P-10C to have:

Less muzzle flip
    More accurate
    I'm faster

Than any of the polymer, striker fired pistols.

Period.

Caveats

[1] Mag release is stiff and requires a little polishing

[2] I've read of two firing pin tip breakages*

[3] Small parts a availability

[4] Not many options for sights

*Cajun Gun Works offers tool steel firing pin.

I have two. Both are lasers. I bought the second one last week.

The first I bought last year and carried it and used it for 7 months before commenting on it.

I'll be comparing to the Glock 19X (and the VP9) for the next four or five months. I only wish to support two platforms - Glock and something else.

No one will beat Glock when it comes to manufacture support, parts distribution and aftermarket support (think Tau Development Industries "Gadget" - but they are working on it; Trijicon XDr or AmeriGlo night sights). It's just not going to be.

On the plus side, CZ offers you an Armorer's Manual (a sleight at HK USA) and it's a relatively simple pistol just like the Glock is. The firing pin channel has a wrinkle with a tiny spring and the magazine catch mechanism could use 0.001" removed from the tail that touches the magazine (its easy to drop an unloaded or lightly loaded magazine but as you add more round ms it requires more force to release it). I polished mine twice and it's "fine". I can release it but it requires focused effort - not crazy force but I have to use some amount of focus to do so if it has 10 rounds or more in the mag.

I've ordered the CGW firing pin.

HBI offers triggers as does CGW. My second one's trigger is super crisp so nothing will be done to it.

So out of box it's better than the VP9, Glock, FN, ...

But I would purchase the CGW firing pin ($50) and whenever small parts are available purchase those "spider" springs and the magazine catch spring.

It's that damned good!

Other reports were if the slide back plate being loose; my second one has a chamfered part so it's a rev2 pistol.

I've not had an issue with the striker channel (part rotating and locking up the pistol). So I cannot comment on either of those.

There are two CZ Forums I think you should join. On one CGW comments and provides insight to the pistol designs.

Glock KILLER? No.

Glock COMPETITOR? Yes; most definitely - with caveats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 03-31-18 at 17:39.
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    you didn’t get many responses to your bread from 4 weeks ago. Maybe should have revived that one before starting yet another thread.
    Thats true. I think most gun owners haven't picked up or shot this CZ gun. Its still relatively new.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Forget "track record" as the P-10C cannot have it.

It's new.

Let's compare pistol to pistol.

No OEM Parts Distribution Network or "Quick Ship" holsters, etc.

Just pistol to pistol.

The P-10C is a more advanced design - ambi mag release (more on that later), large, easy to reach slide catch levers, it's heavily stippled, more ergonomic.

Cold hammer forged barrel and slide and both are melonited - like Glock, H&K and Walther.

I have found the P-10C to have:

Less muzzle flip
    More accurate
    I'm faster

Than any of the polymer, striker fired pistols.

Period.

Caveats

[1] Mag release is stiff and requires a little polishing

[2] I've read of two firing pin tip breakages*

[3] Small parts a availability

[4] Not many options for sights

*Cajun Gun Works offers tool steel firing pin.

I have two. Both are lasers. I bought the second one last week.

The first I bought last year and carried it and used it for 7 months before commenting on it.

I'll be comparing to the Glock 19X (and the VP9) for the next four or five months. I only wish to support two platforms - Glock and something else.

No one will beat Glock when it comes to manufacture support, parts distribution and aftermarket support (think Tau Development Industries "Gadget" - but they are working on it; Trijicon XDr or AmeriGlo night sights). It's just not going to be.

On the plus side, CZ offers you an Armorer's Manual (a sleight at HK USA) and it's a relatively simple pistol just like the Glock is. The firing pin channel has a wrinkle with a tiny spring and the magazine catch mechanism could use 0.001" removed from the tail that touches the magazine (its easy to drop an unloaded or lightly loaded magazine but as you add more round ms it requires more force to release it). I polished mine twice and it's "fine". I can release it but it requires focused effort - not crazy force but I have to use some amount of focus to do so if it has 10 rounds or more in the mag.

I've ordered the CGW firing pin.

HBI offers triggers as does CGW. My second one's trigger is super crisp so nothing will be done to it.

So out of box it's better than the VP9, Glock, FN, ...

But I would purchase the CGW firing pin ($50) and whenever small parts are available purchase those "spider" springs and the magazine catch spring.

It's that damned good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glad you like it so much. I've seen video's on YouTube praising the gun. I know what do YouTube guys know but a few tell the truth. Like Sootch00 who loves the CZ P10c. I don't have a wonder 9 yet but down the road I'm gonna look to maybe purchase this CZ. I was originally thinking of a P01 but I changed my mind. I prefer striker fire.
    Last edited by Wolf.545 x .39; 03-31-18 at 17:44.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast