Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How Close We Really Are to Gun Confiscation

Feedback Score

How Close We Really Are to Gun Confiscation

I know some of you don't like Breitbart, but this is valuable "food for thought."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...scation-close/

It is important that you never forget that same sex marriage did not and could not win through democracy, that you never forget that same sex marriage was forced upon us by a 5-4 vote — by a single vote on the Supreme Court.

And this is how our guns will be confiscated — through a demonization campaign and a single vote Supreme Court vote.

The scenario by which we are disarmed by our government, is this close to reality….

Democrat president elected.
    Democrat president replaces a Clarence Thomas with a Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
    Democrat president enjoys Democrat majorities in the House and Senate.
    The Democrat Senate either enjoys a filibuster proof majority (this happened in 2008) or finishes what former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) began — the annihilation of the filibuster. While there are some current Democrat Senators who would oppose confiscation, over time they can be weeded out in primaries, bullied into siding with the Party (as we saw with Obamacare), or simply overwhelmed by their pro-confiscation co-partisans in the aftermath of a Democrat wave election.
    Both Houses of congress pass a gun confiscation bill.
    By a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court declares gun confiscation perfectly constitutional.
    To those of you naïve enough to believe that the Bill of Rights, that the Second Amendment will save you from outright gun confiscation, I give you the District of Columbia v. Heller, where the individual right to own a handgun was barely recognized in the Supreme Court by a 5-4 decision, by a single vote.

If the District of Columbia refused its citizens any other right on the Bill of Rights, we would have seen a 9-0 or 7-2 decision. But a Second Amendment right just barely squeaked by.

This is how close we are to having our firearms confiscated.

Do not listen to the assurances from Democrats and their media. Ignore the lying fact-checkers and those scoffing at the very idea of gun confiscation and those in the ruling class ridiculing those of us trying to sound the alarm…

Just remember “My gay marriage will not affect you.”

Remember “You can keep your insurance.”

Remember that 73 percent of Democrats want to ban semi-automatic firearms (which means most handguns), and 44 percent are in favor of banning all guns.

Remember 5-4.

My take: this is always what I have feared as "the perfect storm."

BTW: Please refrain from replies like "they'll never get mine" or "I'll have a boating accident first." We get it. You will resist. No need to clutter the thread with obvious retorts.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Gun control is too wildly unpopular with the slight majority of the population. It's cost politicians' elections. They like idiotic, feel good laws that do nothing... but confiscation on a large scale would lead to big problems for these buttlicks.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I know some of you don't like Breitbart, but this is valuable "food for thought."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...scation-close/

My take: this is always what I have feared as "the perfect storm."

BTW: Please refrain from replies like "they'll never get mine" or "I'll have a boating accident first." We get it. You will resist. No need to clutter the thread with obvious retorts.
    In today's society we have the Executive branch legislating through "executive order" , the Judicial branch legislating through "interpretation" and "decisions" and the Legislative branch sitting on their hands and doing nothing about the other two branches exceeding their Constitutional powers. Somehow gay marriage and healthcare are in the Constitution as guaranteed rights, but the right to bear arms is not. I am not at all surprised by the OP' analysis.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think under the right conditions, some of which outlined above, we could see a ban of various "military style" weapons and related (high cap mags, etc) in our life time, though I have my doubts of anything beyond that. Having said that, the cost of Liberty is vigilance and no four words in all human history has lead to the deaths of more people than "it can't happen here"
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    it will happen and I think many of us will be around to see it

the gay thing we just want marriage now its you have to call us what we want or face being a criminal and we get special privilege etc.. and your churches have to do what we want and so on

the left are nazis plain and simple anyone with any knowledge knows they are using the exact tactics and look what happened

the question will be what comes out the other side cause once it happens its either going to be bad or just pathetic and to weak to stop it which sadly is becoming the majority of folks one more generation I think we will see a move of some kind

or to say can they enforce it and what will happen then ?

try to just have a jet ski on your water front and go out without massive idiocy any more
    same with even a row boat
    same as shooting at a gravel pit or even on your property

the pinch is happening more and more
    Last edited by Honu; 03-05-18 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    One part that this story is missing...... Even if the perfect storm happens and they pass the law they still have to enforce it. Without also revoking posse comitatus it is simply like a federal law that prevents people from possessing marijuana in Colorado............
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    One part that this story is missing...... Even if the perfect storm happens and they pass the law they still have to enforce it. Without also revoking posse comitatus it is simply like a federal law that prevents people from possessing marijuana in Colorado............
    If passed I think it will go down a little different. No politician(at least in for the time being) is going to call for active door to door confiscation. The press would be horrible and it would probably not go the way they want it to. What they will do is make millions of law abiding people felons over night. Traffic stop and you are transporting? Jail. Your pissed off ex tips the police you have evil banned guns in your safe? Jail. House fire and the FD sees burned AR15s in the closet? Jail.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    I agree in the Ling run, so one is going to push it.

But I also think that a lot of those close decisions a were in favor of expanding rights or maintaining status quo. A 5-4 split that wholesale strips or removes a status quo right is a different story.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Not today , not tomorrow, but we fight for 100 years from now. The small steps they take seem meaningless at large, but add up.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    If passed I think it will go down a little different. No politician(at least in for the time being) is going to call for active door to door confiscation. The press would be horrible and it would probably not go the way they want it to. What they will do is make millions of law abiding people felons over night. Traffic stop and you are transporting? Jail. Your pissed off ex tips the police you have evil banned guns in your safe? Jail. House fire and the FD sees burned AR15s in the closet? Jail.
    If they would pass it they would be called to act on it. If they made that many people felons over night it would have unentended consequences.

Why do people in the hood not give a FU$&? Because they are already a felon, what is there to loose? The same issue will happen on a much larger scale. Even if only 1% of the people say FU and hold out it will be a huge amount. They would completely swamp all LEOs in the US...... Not counting all of the real criminals that would take advantage of the situation.

There does not have to be millions of people actively taking up arms. It only has to be a few thousand. Look at what one a#$clown did in Dallas with no real training and a POS AK. It will change the demographic of the US.

That scenario does not include those that have real training and the will to really make a difference.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast