Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How Close We Really Are to Gun Confiscation

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    One point that I have not seen mentioned, nor stressed enough, is that the 2nd Ammendment is “THE” Anchor Right. The 2nd Ammendment is the one that ensures ALL RIGHTS. Without it, no other right can or will exist. At the point that we, as a nation, no longer have the RKBA...well, we are nothing short of “ruled”. That is all...keep your powder dry, and don’t forget the water and beans.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Prohibition. Irish Democracy. Hobbes’ Leviathan.

Institutional legitimacy is already badly frayed. Those people are not our friends. Or as Sam Adams opined, not really our countrymen either.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Institutional legitimacy is already badly frayed. Those people are not our friends. Or as Sam Adams opined, not really our countrymen either.
    This, 100%. The country is sharply divided and it seems as if lines are being drawn up. No good person will like where this goes. Many of the leftists are not, of course, good people, but homicidal marxists.

Of course, we are absolutely better off fighting this legislatively and politically. Once a significant part of the people view the government as illegitimate, bad things happen and are very hard to un-do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Confiscation is the wet dream for some. But, as soon as you get the idea and logistics of actual door to door confiscation, and people start seeing what is in effect your jackboots kicking in doors, things will get very sporting very fast. And anyone banking on full LE or Mil support for anything like that, is dreaming. While there are some who would love to go door to door confiscating guns, or shoot civilians, christ knows I've heard the talk, there are plenty who would be turning in badges, or defecting. And there is no where near enough LE or even Mil to control a large population who refuses to comply. And if you start conscription, the draft, then the side who is wanting this will freak.

That said, to get a major portion of the population to act out, as it were, would mean making your average gun owner an instant felon, or literally let one side have open season on the other with government approval, or at least allowance. I'm not talking riots, I'm not talking the shit we've seen in the last few years, letting them destroy, I'm talking condoned murder, slaughter, and the like. But, then you are going to be the point we will no longer be the United States of America. We will be the Waring States of America. And if that happens, all bets are off. But, hey, if that does go down that think tank might get their 80% depopulation. So there is some bright side. Right?
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    One part that this story is missing...... Even if the perfect storm happens and they pass the law they still have to enforce it. Without also revoking posse comitatus it is simply like a federal law that prevents people from possessing marijuana in Colorado............
    yup
    or ilegals etc..

Feedback Score
    any of you know what speed wobbles are

skateboard bikes etc..

that OH NO and sadly you know the outcome is going to be
    you can correct but to correct you know it takes a solid fast strong direction change ! the reason folks crash is they are not smart enough to then take a huge lean and change direction which takes away those wobbles

I sadly am not sure enough are in the ranks to say OK now is the time to take that hard lean IMHO we have already started to wobble
    what is that wobble ? our rights being chipped away and even presidents and the pendulum effect what is the next time a lefty gets in and how far left will they be and what will they do that is insane by todays standards ?

Feedback Score
    If the government can't deport 12 million illegals, how are they going to confiscate 300 million firearms? Even if they stopped all gun sales from this point forward, it would be a 100 years or more before you could disarm a population this size. This is not Luxembourg. Too many weapons in possession of the average citizen, and many of these average citizens will not be very receptive to the long arm of the law. By nature a large number of Americans don't play by the rules established by higher authorities.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    If the government can't deport 12 million illegals, how are they going to confiscate 300 million firearms? Even if they stopped all gun sales from this point forward, it would be a 100 years or more before you could disarm a population this size. This is not Luxembourg. Too many weapons in possession of the average citizen, and many of these average citizens will not be very receptive to the long arm of the law. By nature a large number of Americans don't play by the rules established by higher authorities.
    The only difference is that with the illegals and drugs, you have a fair bit of institutionalized not caring. Or just sweep it under the rug. if they could get something passed, I wouldn't doubt someone would push for it being fully enforced. At least until they caught the backlash. And even as it is that there are guns that no one even knows about, completely off the books because they are so old, stopping manufacture would affect the gun owning population. We could no longer train, could no longer compete.

I don't have an easy answer. All I know is I pray that they don't push. If the truly push it...
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    YUP and more important WONT and actually lets state get away with protecting and special favors and so on

but if the republicans ever got tough they could do something ? yet others get in trouble for not baking a cake or telling their girl you cant be a boy till you are 18 and loosing parental rights !!!

its the republicans are pathetic spineless wimps the dems are basically dictator hitler mao stalin types and know it and push how much they can get away with and are allowed to and do lay down the hammer when they need to on much smaller things

so sadly the true power lean is not in conservatives favor

Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    They may pass laws, but that's about it. Local law enforcement, at least outside of major metropolitan areas, isn't going to do it. I know a bunch of cops locally and none of them have a desire to get shot for the whims of DC. Even if 5% of gun owners decided to make a stand, that's a whole lot of resistance. And chances are a lot of that 5% would be ready to rock and roll with some serious hardware.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast