Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: How Close We Really Are to Gun Confiscation

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The logic of "I am going to require you to give over your property for the common Good." doesn't set well with me. I don't think it is going to set well with a lot of people.
    However; it might be time to take up a new tactic. When you deal with illogical people using threats to seize property and who in theory at least feel using force if necessary is called for, simply ask them to try it and see how it works.
    You know, go door to door in your neighborhood and Demand that your neighbors turn their legally owned and legally purchased property over to you with little or no compensation. I'm not sure how that will work, but People like this Lady Tucker Carlson interviewed here;
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ze-themhttp://
    Let us see how that works for her.
    And then lets take those same results and make all of those same people who refuse to legally give up their guns Felons. Now under penalty of law all of those people must give her their guns because they are no longer legal and now lets observe her results.
    I'm guessing that in the first case She may well have the local Police arrest her, in the Second Case, She's treading in some very dangerous waters, but She should not let that stop her.
    It's time for the Left to put up or shut up.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    You know, go door to door in your neighborhood and Demand that your neighbors turn their legally owned and legally purchased property over to you with little or no compensation. I'm not sure how that will work, but People like this Lady Tucker Carlson interviewed here;
    **Let us see how that works for her.
    And then lets take those same results and make all of those same people who refuse to legally give up their guns Felons. Now under penalty of law all of those people must give her their guns because they are no longer legal and now lets observe her results.
    I like this. But of course most will simply respond "Oh of course I won't do that, that's what we have armed police for!"

Ridicule and reflection is always good for dealing with this sort. As another tack, pick something that most of these people will have, that generally doesn't hurt anyone, but could be used to hurt people or commit crimes. And demand that they turn all of whatever that is in to the police, and lose them forever, "for the children!"

They might reply "but they are harmless" - oh well, they COULD be used for bad things so they MUST BE BANNED!"

Or reply "I have a right to privacy" - yeah, so what, you don't care about ours, why should we care about yours.

"I have a legal right" - well not in various places.

(removed some detail)
    Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 03-28-18 at 09:27. Reason: changed my mind on a specific idea

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I like this. But of course most will simply respond "Oh of course I won't do that, that's what we have armed police for!"
    I don't believe you can have it both ways, You're either a true believer or you're a fraud.
    If you are going to try and say I cant disarm people because;
    I can't defend myself is someone assaults me.
    I'm not big enough for the fight.
    I'm not trained and feel inadequate in a hand to hand or gunfight.
    Well, think about that a minute, that's exactly why people own guns, to equalize the threat of force by criminals and the potential for oppressive force being used by misguided and unconstitutional laws.
    So if you're a true believer it's time to put up or shut up. About the first time someone pushes the envelope and puts up a fight that is a bit above your skill level you'll understand why it's always nice to have a gun handy.
    The Founding Fathers put that in there for a purpose.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I don't believe you can have it both ways, You're either a true believer or you're a fraud.
    If you are going to try and say I cant disarm people because;
    I can't defend myself is someone assaults me.
    I'm not big enough for the fight.
    I'm not trained and feel inadequate in a hand to hand or gunfight.
    Well, think about that a minute, that's exactly why people own guns, to equalize the threat of force by criminals and the potential for oppressive force being used by misguided and unconstitutional laws.
    So if you're a true believer it's time to put up or shut up. About the first time someone pushes the envelope and puts up a fight that is a bit above your skill level you'll understand why it's always nice to have a gun handy.
    The Founding Fathers put that in there for a purpose.
    All true. But you will have to expressly point this out to >99% of the people you're talking about, and even once you do, most will just do a mental click-whir and be unable to process it. Still, it's valuable for the 10-30% who will grasp it once explained.

Feedback Score
    Someone did a good job with this. I wonder how long until the "Tube" pulls is.

Ironic???

U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ^^^^^That is great, but very chilling.

Feedback Score
    How the British Gun Control Program Precipitated the American Revolution:

I was not aware of this history, and found it interesting.

To read the full article click the one of the download or "open pdf" buttons at the top of the page.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=1967702

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    This article is interesting mainly because it asks THE question:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ant-seize-them

My take: It's a line from one of the Tom Cruise Mission Impossible movies.

"You've never seen me very upset."

Submitted for your perusal:

http://daktologistindustries.com/tot...s/gunedit.html

I have an actual hard copy of this magazine article from the 1990's.

My take: this article was quoted on radio shows, in other articles, and in gun shop banter before there was much of an internet. THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN, and we all need to pray it never gets this bad.
    Appreciate you posting those.

I had never seen that article before.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    I have been meaning to grab a copy of this. Abridged or unabridged? Seems unabridged is a little harder to find. Alao i am seeing 3 volumes. I take it all three would be preferable ?
    What Serious Student said.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    As I have stated here and other places many times, 6,000,000 of my people died on their knees or trying to hold their breath as long as possible. I asked a friend of mine that went through the camps, watched his father be murdered the following. " If you had guns, would you have gone to the camps? He replied "of course not better to fight like a man, that go to the camps as a dog."

So how close are we to gun control, don't know. I will fight it by the means the country gives us, until it happens.

Then I will fight it as my friend Max wished he could have fought the Nazis. I will not be at the mercy of any government!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    “I will not be at the mercy of any government!”

Governments in general are not noted for justice, much less mercy...

The State is a cold monster—Neitzsche
    Last edited by Dienekes; 03-29-18 at 09:59.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast