Thread: Mk12 Scope

Feedback Score

Mk12 Scope

Need to scope my PRI Mk12. Prefer a 30mm tube.

It's been discussed ad nauseam in the past but many suggestions are older and therefore for scopes that are now discontinued.

I'm not looking to build a clone and prefer the advantages that modern optics offer as opposed to clone-correct.

I'm looking for suggestions in the $1000 and under range. Prefer MOA but willing to learn MILS if need be. Either way, reticle and turrets need to match.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think the Vortex PST II 2.5-10x32 is still a winner under 1000.

Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 is the updated version of the x32, but its quite a bit above your budget. The SHV 3-10x42 might be worth a look and inside your budget.

eotech vudu 2.5-10x42 looked good at SHOT 2 years ago when they were released, but havent seen a production version yet. Outside your budget a bit.

There are a TON of 1-8's on the market now too that are probably worth a look, some in your budget, some outside of it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    I think the Vortex PST II 2.5-10x32 is still a winner under 1000.
    Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 is the updated version of the x32, but its quite a bit above your budget. The SHV 3-10x42 might be worth a look and inside your budget.
    SHV with the MOAR reticle is a top pick for your needs. I use mils and they don't offer that model with a mil reticle and adjustments, but if they did I would own several of them. Since you like MOA, you can get MOAR and MOA adjustments and be all set for around $900. Very solid scope, not a lot of bells & whistles but seems a fair value.

The PST would be fine too. More features, less impression of ruggedness.

A used or NOS Leupold Mark 4 2.5-8x36 would be a reasonable option also, but it's older and I wouldn't overpay for one. For a MOA user, I'd take the SHV over that.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. With LE discount looks like I can get into the Vortex at $700. Still looking at the SHV but the SFP might be a deal breaker.

Feedback Score
    Are you looking to build a clone or actually put a good scope on it?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDLEO View Post
    I'm not looking to build a clone and prefer the advantages that modern optics offer as opposed to clone-correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by specialk View Post
    I'm thinking the latter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by specialk View Post
    I'm more interested in a good rifle as opposed to a period specific rifle, so not looking to do a clone.
    I ended up buying the Vortex. Got it out the door for under $750 with tax. I'm sure it will serve me well for until if/when I decide to upgrade. Thanks all for the help!

Feedback Score
    athlon ares btr 2.5-15. cannot be beaten at sub 1000 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk