Thread: Who'da Thunk It?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Who'da Thunk It?

A local farm supply store (that stocks and sells a lot of guns) is offering the new Ruger EC9s 9mm compact for $200. I find it an interesting little gun and probably the deal of the year. I looked at one a few days before the sale and was impressed; very decent trigger, ok sights, great price. Not that I needed it. But I was a little surprised by its size--not as "compact" as I might have expected. Still, tempting.

Last night I got to wondering how it stacked up size and weight wise to my .45 Shield. Well. In comparing the specs on both, the Shield WAS a bit larger; to wit, 1/2" longer OAL, about 1/4" taller, and 3.3 oz. heavier. Barrel length is about the same at 3 1/2", and slide width identical at .90". Even on sale the Shield is about twice the cost, but does have two mags instead of only one. Outstanding trigger. Moderate recoil, excellent accuracy. Same mag capacity.

I may still get the Ruger compact some day to play with, but for the moment the Shield wins one points; AND it's paid for.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    What does "very decent" mean in regards to the trigger? Every Ruger I've ever pulled the trigger on had a less than desirable trigger pull.

Feedback Score
    ^^^^^What he said^^^^^
    Every Ruger I've bought has been sold. Just because its at a good price- doesn't mean its a good deal.

Feedback Score
    It's a watered down economy priced LC9s essentially. It's competing against the likes of Taurus. It's not going to have all the goodies of a $400 Shield or Glock 43. That being said, the trigger is decent for a gun it's size and in its category. The break is smooth and not terribly heavy like some smaller guns and the reset is slightly long but not awful. For $200, there's not a lot of room to complain.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    A backup to a backup to a backup?