Thread: Trust amendment questions

Feedback Score

Trust amendment questions

I am amending my trust to remove a Co-trustee, and have a couple of questions (the amendment is compete and signed already)...

1. Where exactly (what ATF address, there's a couple) do I send the amendment?

2. Do I have to just send the one copy of the amendment and reference each of the 4 items that the trust contains in a cover letter, or send a separate amendment for each item?

Thanks for the info!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Why would you need to send anything to the ATF? I would GUESS that you'd only need to send new trust info if you were registering a new NFA item.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    No action required.

You simply send a current copy of the trust with subsequent F1/F4 submissions. If it doesn't change, you're supposed to be able to certify it hasn't changed and not have to include a copy if you've had an approval in the previous 24 months. But they don't have a form for that, and I've not seen anybody report doing so. I always just send a current copy of the trust.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 03-09-18 at 11:27. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    No action required.

You simply send a current copy of the trust with subsequent F1/F4 submissions. If it doesn't change, you're supposed to be able to certify it hasn't changed and not have to include a copy of you've had an approval in the previous 24 months. But they don't have a form for hat, and I've not seen anybody report doing so. I always just send a current copy of the trust.
    ATF doesn't care until your next submission. A lot of guys were removing trustees, submitting paperwork for next NFA item, and once the approval was received adding the trustees back on. Now most people who don't want to bother with that route are using the single shot trusts.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys!