Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to clamp upper while installing a muzzle device

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just cranked down my first barrel nut on the Kley Zion Rod.

Wound up stripping out the POS $8 wrench/tool I got from a bargain bin somewhere.

Nonetheless, when I broke out the good wrench, it went together smoothly and left me happy. I can say that I truly enjoy this tool and am content with the price I paid for it.

ETA:

I also want to include that the batch I got my rod from, or maybe this one in particular, is perfect based on the vise cuts. I don't think they intended on people caring so much if the upper lined up at a perfect 90 degree angle. Mine does, so the first runs had issues, but it seems they listened to the consumer and fixed it. Or, I got lucky and the cuts just happen to line up.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 03-29-18 at 09:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Just cranked down my first barrel nut on the Kley Zion Rod.

Wound up stripping out the POS $8 wrench/tool I got from a bargain bin somewhere.

Nonetheless, when I broke out the good wrench, it went together smoothly and left me happy. I can say that I truly enjoy this tool and am content with the price I paid for it.

ETA:

I also want to include that the batch I got my rod from, or maybe this one in particular, is perfect based on the vise cuts. I don't think they intended on people caring so much if the upper lined up at a perfect 90 degree angle. Mine does, so the first runs had issues, but it seems they listened to the consumer and fixed it. Or, I got lucky and the cuts just happen to line up.
    I bought one from Botach before they were branded Kley Zion. It lines lines the upper at 90 in the vise. I've been very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ...and, I find I do not have a scrap barrel with the FSB still pinned on. But I've tightened and loosened a good many muzzle thangs with a rod or stick or whatever through the FSB.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    ...and, I find I do not have a scrap barrel with the FSB still pinned on. But I've tightened and loosened a good many muzzle thangs with a rod or stick or whatever through the FSB.
    Too bad.

Ultimate breakaway torque is a pretty good test for gas block security.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'll probably run into one soon.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345