Thread: .45 ACP platform

Feedback Score

.45 ACP platform

Hi
    I've been giving thought to an AR platform pistol or rifle chambered in .45 ACP.
    Have seen that PSA offers one on occasion, but I am wondering if there are other brands that might be better?
    Thx
    spurgon

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I'd buy CMMG (or almost anything) before I'd buy PSA.

https://www.cmmginc.com/product-category/rifles/45-acp/

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I'd buy CMMG (or almost anything) before I'd buy PSA.

https://www.cmmginc.com/product-category/rifles/45-acp/
    I just built my first AR in 7 years this week, so I'm a little behind the times (just been shooting what I have the past 7 years), BUT...

Did CMMG get bought out during that time? Last I checked they were THE right hand column of "The Chart." Granted, they had nowhere to go BUT left, but since WHEN did they start making $1,500 rifles?!?!
    That's ahead of BCM, and in DD/Noveske territory!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Rudy at Macon Armory can fix you up with a blowback or DI 45. I have the 45 DI and it is great, you don't have all the blowback you get from a blowback. I don't work there or anything, just a happy customer. I like the 45 so much I had him make me a 7.62x25 Tokarev one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by batman4706 View Post
    Rudy at Macon Armory can fix you up with a blowback or DI 45. I have the 45 DI and it is great, you don't have all the blowback you get from a blowback. I don't work there or anything, just a happy customer. I like the 45 so much I had him make me a 7.62x25 Tokarev one.
    This has really peaked my interest in a pcc. That 8.3" barreled upper looks good and not unreasonably priced, either.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 Quarter 10 Circle pistol ARs, on in .45 & the other in .10MM. When I first bought them I had tons of issues w/ them, but Q10C made good on them & they now run like the proverbial typewriter! Loads of fun & they take Glock mags. What could be better?