Thread: School me on why you like X brand brace...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Shockwave is my favorite. Cheap, solid, adjustable.

I also have an SB47 (the original stubby one) and an SOB47. Heavier than the brace which balances a heavy barrel better. A little more comfortable with higher recoiling rounds. But the SB47 started to rotate so I had to glue it in place. The SOB appears to be doing the same. Friction fit alone isn’t enough.

Shockwave is coming out with a 2.0 adjustable that’s got a smaller rear fin, but won’t be any more comfortable. Uses a proprietary tube.

The new adjustable SB brace looks interesting in that it uses a mil spec stock tube. But someone said SB isn’t providing an ATF acceptance letter either. For that money I think I’d try the Tailhook mod2 first.

I think the new SB adjustable might appeal to someone who already has a lower with a carbine upper and stock and wants to just swap out to a short upper and brace on the same lower, assuming that lower was registered as OTHER and not a rifle. Or has a lower they want to remake as a pistol and don’t fell comfortable swapping the buffer tube.

Although for $200 I just bought a complete PSA multi-cal lower with an SOB brace so it’s just as cheap to build a complete pistol.
    Last edited by wanderson; 03-11-18 at 09:12.