Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: any subaru owners

Feedback Score

any subaru owners

anyone have one and thoughts ?

mainly looking at the Forester then outback or maybe the 2018 crosstrek since its based on the new global platform and or might wait till the forester (2019 model) gets that global platform soon ?
    doing a ton of research so pretty good on pros cons of each model
    forester really fits the needs best big enough for a dog cage in back and good viz
    outback might be to station wagon low feeling for me that extra couple inch head height in the forester but sounds like the do ride nicer etc..
    the crosstrek a fun rig but might be to small to do family day when we all go out

4 of us kids 9 and 13 and two 30 lb dogs will be in it at various times

pros cons would you buy another etc..

thanks in adv
    Last edited by Honu; 03-05-18 at 02:04.

Feedback Score
    I have a 2015 Forester that I absolutely love. The car handles like a sports sedan but in a big enough package for the family. It's got a lot of get up and go as well. The Crosstrek is great too; my parents have one and really like it. But I think the larger trunk space of the Forester makes it better for carrying your dogs around. It's really hard to go wrong with just about any Subarus. My family has been driving them for the past 20 years.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    We have a '17 Forester. We're in it a lot (bought it new in May and it's got 20k on the odometer) and have had no issues thus far. I think it's great, though I would not go smaller. My one complaint is the front seats feel shallow from front to back and don't support my legs as much as other car seats seem to. I've gotten used to it though. The Crosstrek looks like fun but the lack of rear cargo space would get old in a hurry.

Feedback Score
    I know a few people with them and they love them. Good traction in snow/off road and the cars seem to last forever. I think they retain value better than any other make as well.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    We have had a Subaru in one form or another since 2001. The 2.5 boxer engine is beyond amazing at pickup and reliability. Could not recommend Subaru enough. The all wheel drive system is the only one I trust that is not 4x4. I have had many cars that can't get up our driveway with snow in the winter. The Subaru has never failed. Great vehicle in the snow. I have had no issue traversing Montana and Wyoming in blizzards in an outback. I get a lot of crap for having an outback but generally from people that have never drove them or are clueless about the clarence (9") or the all wheel drive system.

Only downside is since it is full time all wheel drive you need to stay on top of tire rotation. Also if you lose a tire after about 50% wear you need to buy 4 new ones.

We drove the crosstrek as my wife thought it may be a fun around town car. It is absolutely a dog. Not even worth your time to drive it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    On our 3rd Suburu, always got at least 12 years out of the before we traded them in or sold them. All were/are solid, reliable vehicles - and their All Wheel Drive (AWD) system is bullet-proof! Most service or repair was replacement items like tires, wipers & NEVER replaced an exhaust part!

Had 2 Outbacks, one began consuming O2 sensors at the end of the lifetime it had w/ us, but we figured a way around it (false engine code) from the online Suburu forums.

Now onto a ‘13 Legacy sport model AWD ... at 0% interest (that’s FREE money folks!). Every bit as good as good as my former BMW at $15K LESS and it only needs 87 octane. Amazing vehicle! But also not a Forrester or hatchback model ...
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A close friend drove a Suburu daily on a 70 mile round trip back and forth to work for almost fifteen years.
    This guy is an absolute zero maintenance driver, if that little hatchback got an oil change, it was lucky it got an oil change twice a year with the cheapest oil possible.
    That little hatchback ended up going off to College with his kid.
    Honestly, from my observations, you cannot kill the damned things.

Feedback Score
    Honu, I sold Subarus for 7 years and have friends and family driving them around the Northwest with my old business cards still in the manuals. From what you described you're a prime Forester/ Outback customer. The Outback is a little longer in wheelbase and overall length, but the Forester would provide the better room for your family and dogs. Personally, I do think the ride in the Outback is better, especially on longer trips. Drive them both, back to back. If the dogs are in crates when you travel with them, bring the crates to the test drive!
    The Outback is also built in Indiana.

The new Subaru Ascent is coming out this Summer on the global platform, if you need more room than a Forester or Outback offers. It also comes with Eyesight standard. I would have no issue buying a first year Subaru product either.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    We currently have two Subarus - our family car is a 2013 3.6L Outback and I have a 2013 BRZ as my daily driver. We went with the Outback instead of the Forester because I wanted the longer trunk (it's deeper). We've gone camping in the desert in it, and some off-roading, and it's been great for an all-round family vehicle. My wife will never go back to a sedan again, after owning the Outback.
    It's also been great when we've bought stuff from Home Depot or Ikea - it's amazing what will fit in the Outback with the rear seats folded down. I like Crosstrek styling but that trunk is just too small. Plus no turbo version like the Forester.

I'm sure you've visited this website, but it has by far the best info out there on Subarus:
    http://www.cars101.com/subaru/outback/outback2018.html
    http://www.cars101.com/subaru/forest...ester2018.html

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Subarus are great vehicles! We have an 06 outback and my MIL just got an '18 Forester. Our outback is pretty utilitarian, but the new Forester is very nice. The outback is great in the snow and actually does pretty well at light off-road stuff (fireroad sort of deal)

We have a neighbor who has been in two really bad accidents while driving Subarus. Both times her cars were completely totaled but she walked away unhurt. They've since converted to 100% subaru and state flatly that they will never buy a different brand.

Personally, I'd get another Subaru without a moments hesitation.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast