Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Back up iron sites, need opinions.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    EXACTLY.

I have a hard time understanding shooters that stroll up to the firing line with a $150 reddot as their primary sighting system on their rifle that also wears $250+ worth of BUIS. Get a solid optic and call it a day.
    I'm skeptical of any $150 RDS. I'd take that $250 I would have spent on BUIS and add it to the $150 I would have spent on a Chinese import and buy an Aimpoint PRO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I'm skeptical of any $150 RDS. I'd take that $250 I would have spent on BUIS and add it to the $150 I would have spent on a Chinese import and buy an Aimpoint PRO.
    I will say that the Primary Arms MD-RB-AD reddot, with it's lifetime warranty and 50K-hour "always on" runtime, might change my mind about $150 RDS'.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I will say that the Primary Arms MD-RB-AD reddot, with it's lifetime warranty and 50K-hour "always on" runtime, might change my mind about $150 RDS'.
    "Might" being the operative word. Maybe someday the Primary Arms offering will prove itself to the same extent that Aimpoint has. That's the point, someday, that I'd consider going that route. If it's the only sighting system on my rifle, I want it to be one of proven reliability and durability. The fact that Primary Arms stands behind it with a lifetime warranty could just as likely be a business decision rather than one that actually reflects the durability of the optic. If it costs them $50 to import from China and they sell it for $150, they can afford to offer a lifetime warranty.

For me, cost isn't the consideration. Reliability is.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have this RDS and so far, it's been a good value. I would not use it in lieu of an Aimpoint, but it's a good choice for a secondary rifle.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    "Might" being the operative word. Maybe someday the Primary Arms offering will prove itself to the same extent that Aimpoint has. That's the point, someday, that I'd consider going that route. If it's the only sighting system on my rifle, I want it to be one of proven reliability and durability. The fact that Primary Arms stands behind it with a lifetime warranty could just as likely be a business decision rather than one that actually reflects the durability of the optic. If it costs them $50 to import from China and they sell it for $150, they can afford to offer a lifetime warranty.

For me, cost isn't the consideration. Reliability is.
    Yeah, and Springfield Armory has an "awesome" warranty and customer service for their M1A's too.

I agree, buy a quality RDS and be done with it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I like MBUS Pros when it come to back up sights for their very small profile.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'd put one on my 10/22, not on my ARs.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    i'd say for a range toy/bug out, i'd put magpul mbus gen2 (yes, the polymer ones). I'd recommend Troy, DD fixed, LWRC skirmish but considering price, it doesn't really fit the "range toy" aspect of your gun.

So why the magpul mbus gen2? Because they're on the cheap side (range toy), and I read about a buis drop test where an AR was dropped with buis hitting the ground first, and magpul mbus gen2 were the best performer (bug out). Quick google search for buis drop test will get you the article
    Last edited by bakuon; 03-19-18 at 12:35.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Troy's have never failed me or bent on me. Magpul MBUS 2's would be my second choice as they have also proven to be very reliable for me personally.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Cant go wrong with the MBUS Pros. You can find them pretty cheap if you shop around.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast