Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Back up iron sites, need opinions.

Feedback Score

Back up iron sites, need opinions.

Just finished my 10.5" pistol in 5.56mm. it's mainly a range toy/bug out gun. I have an MRO mounted now, but can't decide on backups. I would like flip ups, but they don't need to spring up.i like the look of the spikes gen 2 micros, KAC, and the mbus pros. Any one have the spikes gen 2 micros? Can't seem to find to many reviews on them.

Is there anything else out there to consider?

https://imgur.com/a/8fQUR

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    With a Trijicon MRO on top, BUIS aren't really even necessary.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Although they are larger, I use Troy buis and really like them. They are rugged and small enough for my purposes. I've got an Aimpoint T1 on a Larue lower 1/3 mount.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a set of bobro low rider BUIS which are fantastic. They do reqire tools to adjust, so that may be something to consider. They are very light weight and also sit extremely low to the rail when not in use (hence the name). The aperture size is probably between the small and large on an A2 style rear sight. Other than thoses, I'd say KAC micro's or Magpul Pro's which both seem to be solid choices.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Troy are still my go to backups. Yes there are newer ones not he market but I still haven’t found any that I like as much as the Troy folders or fixed.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    MBUS or MBUS Pro. Troys are nice too but for range guns I like the price and features of the MBUS. Serious use guns, I prefer the Pros, they're very low profile.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    So which is it? A range toy or bug out gun? If it's a range toy then a set of MBUS or nothing at all would be fine, assuming it remains something you take out for fun and plinking. "Bug out" implies that this will be your go-to should you find yourself in a situation that dictates the need to move out in a hurry and there's a chance you might need to fight your way through or out of a situation, and this will be your primary weapon used to sustain yourself for the long haul. In that case, buy the best BUIS you can afford. For the record I only run KAC back-up irons, or in one case, a fixed DD front sight.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    So which is it? A range toy or bug out gun? If it's a range toy then a set of MBUS or nothing at all would be fine, assuming it remains something you take out for fun and plinking. "Bug out" implies that this will be your go-to should you find yourself in a situation that dictates the need to move out in a hurry and there's a chance you might need to fight your way through or out of a situation, and this will be your primary weapon used to sustain yourself for the long haul. In that case, buy the best BUIS you can afford. For the record I only run KAC back-up irons, or in one case, a fixed DD front sight.
    It's my bug out gun, I just don't think I'll ever really need it for that purpose. But like the boy scouts, always be prepared. This gun will likely be secured in my truck and should the need arise, will be used to get me and mine where I need to go.

The reality of it though, is I'll use it at the club and for some training classes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I run KAC irons. May be pricey, but I love them. A lot of people are moving to the “you don’t need iron sights anymore” camp. I just don’t think I could bring myself to not put iron sights on my guns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmedic_ View Post
    I run KAC irons. May be pricey, but I love them. A lot of people are moving to the “you don’t need iron sights anymore” camp. I just don’t think I could bring myself to not put iron sights on my guns.
    Yeah I'm a big believer in 2 is 1 and 1 is none. Even if you never need them it can't hurt to have them. There are just so many choices ...

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast