Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Back up iron sites, need opinions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I will say that the Primary Arms MD-RB-AD reddot, with it's lifetime warranty and 50K-hour "always on" runtime, might change my mind about $150 RDS'.
    I have this red dot and it works perfectly, I back it up with a fsb and KAC micro rear sight.

Feedback Score
    I have a Aimpoint PRO, Trijicon MRO, and a Leopold for Red Dots. I have Aero Precision, Midwest Industries, and Diamondhead for Irons. I don't feel I need to back up my RDS, but I have been shamed into doing it.

I did read thru the entire thread and did not see MI or Diamondhead mention, but I could have easily missed them. If no one likes them that's okay too. I do.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz3 View Post
    I have a Aimpoint PRO, Trijicon MRO, and a Leopold for Red Dots. I have Aero Precision, Midwest Industries, and Diamondhead for Irons. I don't feel I need to back up my RDS, but I have been shamed into doing it.

I did read thru the entire thread and did not see MI or Diamondhead mention, but I could have easily missed them. If no one likes them that's okay too. I do.
    I was eyballing a Diamonhead rear sight real close before deciding on Troy. I like the way you can choose which aperture is immediately deployed when you flip it up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    I was eyballing a Diamonhead rear sight real close before deciding on Troy. I like the way you can choose which aperture is immediately deployed when you flip it up.
    I found it slightly quicker to acquire sight alignment on target with the Diamondhead, for me anyway, but they seem bulkier than others. Still I am partial to them.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Magpul or Troy here.

I was in a carbine class last year and my optic mount loosened up and started wobbling. (A brand mentioned 1000x already where the optic comes with the mount from the factory)

I switched to the backups and was able to finish the drill.

Nobody is psychic no optic is perfect. Always have some kind of buis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    Magpul or Troy here.

I was in a carbine class last year and my optic mount loosened up and started wobbling. (A brand mentioned 1000x already where the optic comes with the mount from the factory)

I switched to the backups and was able to finish the drill.

Nobody is psychic no optic is perfect. Always have some kind of buis.
    Whereas I would have just stepped off the line, gone back to the fiddle table and reinstalled my optic.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Whereas I would have just stepped off the line, gone back to the fiddle table and reinstalled my optic.
    So you would have worked a gun at a table up range while everyone else was down range?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    And in situations where some of us spend/spent time on a two way range and not afforded such luxury?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    So you would have worked a gun at a table up range while everyone else was down range?
    Yes. For the 60 seconds it would take me to re-tighten my Aimpoint PRO.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    And in situations where some of us spend/spent time on a two way range and not afforded such luxury?
    You, in the course of your daily life, may be faced with having to defend your life with your rifle on a two-way range. The chances that that would ever be part of my life are vanishingly small.

I don't know how you address your perception of your daily risk - it doesn't affect me. If a gunfight with your rifle is a realistic possibility in your world then I certainly agree that redundancy is prudent and would recommend BUIS to you. I live a much less dangerous life and for me BUIS is an unnecessary complication.

Last edited by Hmac; 03-24-18 at 12:05.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast