Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Back up iron sites, need opinions.

Feedback Score
    Me and nomenclature are not friends... yes un-staked. I just want it to stretch a little before I tighten it down again and then do the staking. If I shot it more I would have made that a priority.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Yes. For the 60 seconds it would take me to re-tighten my Aimpoint PRO.
    That would get you thrown out of my club - and any class I have been to.

Feedback Score
    After shooting a steel challenge match today I decided to stop by the pasture to confirm zero on with a red dot mounted on one of my truck rifles from a manufacturer discussed in this thread (the low cost one), and it was dead. I had iron sights so the trip wasn't wasted. After getting it home it appears to be a connection issue and is working again for now. Imo backups are a must on any rifle if it is to be used for defense, however its a free world do what you want.

Feedback Score
    So you pulled out your truck gun and the red dot was dead. Sounds like you should check your truck gun more often...as well as think about upgrading to a better red dot.
    Last edited by Creature; 03-26-18 at 04:37.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We could do with a lot less snark in this thread. Starting to feel like I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque and ended up in a purse fight on TOS.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    We could do with a lot less anecdotal evidence offered as circular proof that all red dot sights are unreliable and prone to failure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I will say that the Primary Arms MD-RB-AD reddot, with it's lifetime warranty and 50K-hour "always on" runtime, might change my mind about $150 RDS'.

I check it every time it comes out of the safe and goes to the truck, it died during the drive. Things can happen that fast. Its from the same company that might just change your mind about $150 rds. Don't hate just giving you a counter point, of an Instance that happened to me.
    Last edited by farmhard; 03-26-18 at 08:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by farmhard View Post
    I check it every time it comes out of the safe and goes to the truck, it died during the drive. Things can happen that fast. Its from the same company that might just change your mind about $150 rds. Don't hate just giving you a counter point, of an Instance that happened to me.
    Not hatin'. Anecdotally, my old PA MD-RBGII reddot has been relentlessly abused and has proven to be just as rugged and reliable as my Aimpoint H1...so there's that.

Feedback Score
    Not hatin'. Anecdotally, my old PA MD-RBGII reddot has been relentlessly abused and has proven to be just as rugged and reliable as my Aimpoint H1...so there's that.
    Yeah this is why I don't put much stock in any one singular review. A sample size of one is no sample at all.

It's hard to get a truly signifgant sample size to determine if optic x is actually more reliable than optic y .... Sampling many reviews can help but that becomes much more anecdotal than actual hard data, as not everyone does the same testing. I'm sure the manufacturer has the hard data nessecarry, but they are unlikely to share raw data.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We could do with a lot less anecdotal evidence offered as circular proof that all red dot sights are unreliable and prone to failure.
    I'm not really sure where you're getting this stuff. Nobody said all red dots are unreliable and prone to failure. Aimpoint and a few other manufacturers have a proven track record. Chicom stuff has a tendency to malf. That's why it cost less. Cheap parts, cheap labor, lax QC.

So you pulled out your truck gun and the red dot was dead. Sounds like you should check your truck gun more often...as well as think about upgrading to a better red dot.
    He has the same brand red dot you have apparently.

I'm confused. Isn't it anecdotal evidence when you say that your $150 is as reliable as an Aimpoint?
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast