Thread: Steiner warranty

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Steiner warranty

Well, I'm about to try out Steiner's warranty and CS. I was cleaning a couple of my AR's today. When I moved to clean the optics I noticed a huge amount of tiny particulate spread pretty evenly on the inside of the ocular lens of my P4xi. I don't notice it at all looking through the scope and a flashlight is needed to see it. But it's really noticeable with the FL. Big bummer. I'll call them Monday and get the ball rolling.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Well, I'm about to try out Steiner's warranty and CS. I was cleaning a couple of my AR's today. When I moved to clean the optics I noticed a huge amount of tiny particulate spread pretty evenly on the inside of the ocular lens of my P4xi. I don't notice it at all looking through the scope and a flashlight is needed to see it. But it's really noticeable with the FL. Big bummer. I'll call them Monday and get the ball rolling.

Below is their current warranty, you should have no problems:

The Steiner Heritage™ Warranty means we stand behind our products. Over half a century of experience building rugged and reliable, mil-spec product and supplying them to armed forces all around the world allows us to have this kind of confidence. We at Steiner are totally committed to the very highest standards of quality, dependability, and most of all customer satisfaction. Our Heritage™ Warranty assures you of that commitment.

Steiner Heritage™ Warranty – For the Life of the Product

Covers Binoculars, Riflescopes, Battle Sights, Rings, and Mounts

Valid in U.S. and Canada only on items manufactured since 2014.

For warranties in other countries, please visit www.Steiner.de

We will repair or replace the product at no charge to you. The Steiner Heritage Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.

No warranty card needed.
    No receipt required.
    Warranty is fully transferable to future owners of the product.
    Excludes electronic components which are covered by a 3-year warranty.
    Excludes accessories.
    Products manufactured prior to 2014 are covered by the warranty as stated on the original packaging.

To register your product online, visit the Binoculars and Riflescopes Product Registration page
    Last edited by Biggy; 03-10-18 at 21:17.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks, yeah I read that stuff on their site. It's all very encouraging. I suppose 4-6 weeks is reasonable on the turn around. Not looking forward to the remounting and zeroing. I really had it dialed in at 200 yds. Oh well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Talked to Steiner this morning. They sent me an RMA immediately. Once I send it in, it's a 1-3 week turn around. So far things are looking good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Latest update. I sent the scope in 2 Sat's ago. It's on it's way back today. They repaired it. Pulled it apart, cleaned it, replaced scratched lenses and parts, re-sealed it and recharged it. Will see how this repair goes...well I hope.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well that's pretty dang good.

I have Emailed Steiner 2-3 times for info on different things and like 80% of places, my message must have wound up in a low orbit around Pluto. I have found this common behavior to be somewhat tied to a company's level of CS, so, glad to hear that in this case maybe it ain't so. But still it is rather insulting when (generically speaking) a website gives contact info and says "we're standing by for your questions! Contact us here" and then-- Pluto.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Comm's with them has been really good...no complaints there. I suppose if you get the wrong employee things just go sideways.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Latest update. I sent the scope in 2 Sat's ago. It's on it's way back today. They repaired it. Pulled it apart, cleaned it, replaced scratched lenses and parts, re-sealed it and recharged it. Will see how this repair goes...well I hope.
    That's about the same turn around time Burris got with a scope I sent in. Good CS really makes you appreciate spending a little more than you initially thought you would.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I recently sent two scopes to Nightforce, and they were amazing. I hope they take care of you Tom. Ned, I find if you ask any question that is slightly off the manual, PLUTO ! is often the charge. Its what I like most about NF, they are tuff and their CS/warranty is tops.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I got my scope today. The repair slip said there was broken glass inside the scope. They repaired that and cleaned everything inside. Looking at it, everything seems gtg. I'll mount it up this week and re-zero Sat. Overall things went well. No swag.