Thread: Need advice please re. Aimpoint Optic and 6x Magnifier

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

Need advice please re. Aimpoint Optic and 6x Magnifier

I purchased an Aimpoint 6X optic without a mount and need it to line up perfectly with my Comp M5 which I also bought without a mount. Are there any good alternatives to the Aimpoint mounts? And if not, which Aimpoint Mounts should I purchase to use the Comp M5 as a lower 1/3 cowitness optic, while, when I need it, the 6x lined up perfectly behind it. I hope I'm making sense here. I've tried to get this figured out on my own and left scratching my head. I really do NOT want/need the Aimpoint mount that allows me to twist the 6X off, but if that is the best way to go, I'll just suck it up and buy it. Thanks for any advice.

So there are no mounts that will allow for a precise alignment of the Aimpoint Comp M5 and the Aimpoint 6X magnifier. I have an ADM mount right now on a T-2 and a Larue mount on the 6x Aimpoint mag and the dot is low in the sight picture...mounts do not match up.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Larue makes a nice flip to side mount for the magnifier. I use a larue mount for my magnifier and a Bobro mount for my T2. They line up well. I don't think you'll find one that matches perfectly because of the relative small size of the micros. I'd imagine the M5 would be the same way. FWIW if they aren't perfectly matched up it doesn't really matter because it looks right looking through the magnifier.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HummerM4 View Post
    I purchased an Aimpoint 6X optic without a mount and need it to line up perfectly with my Comp M5 which I also bought without a mount. Are there any good alternatives to the Aimpoint mounts? And if not, which Aimpoint Mounts should I purchase to use the Comp M5 as a lower 1/3 cowitness optic, while, when I need it, the 6x lined up perfectly behind it. I hope I'm making sense here. I've tried to get this figured out on my own and left scratching my head. I really do NOT want/need the Aimpoint mount that allows me to twist the 6X off, but if that is the best way to go, I'll just suck it up and buy it. Thanks for any advice.
    I have an Aimpoint 3xMag-1 and a 6xMag-1, both are in Aimpoint’s High twistmount. They cowitness perfectly with all 1.54” T2 mounts that I have tried. Geissele and Scalarworks use 1.54” for their lower 1/3 mounts, but some other manufacturers use different heights.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    ADM makes a swing to side magnifier mount which would line up perfectly if you're already using an ADM mount on the optic.

Feedback Score
    I think Scalarworks has something soon to be released

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehammer69 View Post
    I think Scalarworks has something soon to be released
    what I was going to post as well, after using their other mounts, this will be worth waiting for.