Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic Powder Measure Opinions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Electronic Powder Measure Opinions

Do any of you that reload, utilize an electronic powder measure? If yes, what are you using?

I am currently researching the Hornady Lock and Load Electronic Measure and the RCBS Chargemaster Lite. Both seem to be on par with each other with minor differences between them. I'm liking the price point on the Hornady over the RCBS as the extra features (like saved load data on the RCBS) don't interest me enough to justify the increased cost.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I run a Hornady for my low production (100rds or less) loads. I don't see the need to save load data. It generally works well, every now and then it throws too much/little powder and gets finicky. However, it's good 95% of the time.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have the chargemaster, and it’s never given me any problems. It’s always very accurate when checked against my beam scale.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The chargemaster is pretty dang good.

I make 6.5 ammo on it that I shoot out to 1200 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven't seen one yet that is faster AND more accurate than throwing charges by hand with a powdermeasure then trickling up to the charge weight myself.

Feedback Score
    Chargemaster is faster Accurate enough for practical precision rifle use....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpete View Post
    I haven't seen one yet that is faster AND more accurate than throwing charges by hand with a powdermeasure then trickling up to the charge weight myself.
    I thought about purchasing a trickler. All my research yielded that most scales are just within +/- .1gr anyway regardless of using a beam scale or electronic scale (This is of course ignoring high end scientific laboratory type scales). So the accuracy claims (at least to me) are negligible.

However, these electronic scales will do the manual effort for me without having to manually trickle every charge. I am assuming it would make load development far more convenient for me since I would only have to punch in a number. At this time, I am sort of sold on going the electronic route and am looking for feedback on the RCBS and Hornady options. However, I am open to other brands and potentially better methods for throwing charges. What is really driving this for me is performing incremental charge increases when making 10 round load development ladders.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Chargemaster here too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've had the RCBS dispenser/scale combo for 15 years or more. It may not be the fastest way to do it, but it's easy and accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have the older RCBS Chargemaster and love it, it is much faster than using a beam scale and just as accurate.

If you are shooting at a 1000 yards you may have a different opinion, but my ChargeMaster greatly reduced the time spent weighing powder charges.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast