Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .380 or .32 acp AR pistol?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In my opinion the only real reasons to use a pistol cartridge of any caliber in a rifle is for cost savings, short barrel performance, and subsequent suppressed use.

1.) 147 grain subsonics could be had for ~$0.22 per in 9mm, 115 grain supers are now in the ~$0.18 range. Really the only cheaper is .22 rimfire.
    2.) 9mm performs well in 4.5"-5.5" inch barrels, which takes a suppressed package to ~12"-14", the length where most rifle cartridges start unsuppressed, save the
    .300BO at 7.5" and ~$0.55 per round and up. I never understood the appeal of a 16" 9mm AR.

Neither of my 9mm SBR's have any appreciable muzzle rise or recoil, they are more accurate than i can shoot them, and they have been enjoyed by all who have shot them. Reliability has not been a factor, although they tend to prefer to not be soaking wet with lube. The increased cost per round of the two above calibers, to me, offset any perceived benefit.

That said; toys are fun, and you've only got one life to do what makes you happy. If its your thing, go for it.
    nothing screams napoleonic warfare more than cannons roaring in the background

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hell why not .25 acp?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    Hell why not just throw rocks?
    Fixed it for ya
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    Hell why?
    Me too.

Feedback Score
    The though was perhaps it would have less recoil than 9mm and more like .223.

It would also be a little lighter overall and use ammo cleaner and more reliable than .22 LR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12